Saturday, September 10, 2022

September 9, 2022 Lunch - PPI Baked Fuselli Pasta Dinner - Three dozen oysters and Peach and Blueberry Cobbler

September 9, 2022 Lunch - PPI Baked Fuselli Pasta  Dinner - Three dozen oysters and Peach and Blueberry Cobbler


I started the day with a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries, yogurt and 1/3 banana.


I worked until 1:30 and then heated a plate of PPI Baked Fuselli Pasta studded with chunks of tomato ground beef, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and olives



I then lay down to read the new book club book, Hatchet, and dozed until 4:30 when Suzette awakened me by asking me if I had ordered the oysters.  We had planned to eat oysters for dinner and perhaps make a pizza.


We called Whole Foods and ordered three dozen from Mark in the seafood department.  I then drove to Whole Foods and picked them up and was back home by 6:00.


Suzette had fetched the cocktail sauce left from the party and I grabbed the saltines.


Suzette went to the garage fridge and fetched a bottle of Vara Cava and poured us glasses. I really like the Cava. It had a full bodied, slightly sweet flavor, although it was a brut.


We bought a dozen each of Wellfleet, Blue Point and one other smaller and saltier oyster.


We were full after we each had consumed our 18 oysters, so we watched the news and the Men’s semi-final at the U.S. Open between Alcaraz and Tiafore that lasted over four hours until 10:00 and then went to bed.




During the tennis viewing I heated two bowls of Peach and Blueberry cobbler and added a liberal scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert.



I had slept over 3 hours in the afternoon so I read the rest of Hatchet, which chronicles the 54 day survival story of a 13 year old boy in the Canadian woods and finally went to bed at 2:30 a.m.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment