Tuesday, September 6, 2022

September 6, 2022 Lunch - Fusilli Pasta with Spaghetti Sauce. Dinner - Baked Fusilli Pasta and Zucchini.

 September 6, 2022 Lunch - Fusilli Pasta with Spaghetti Sauce. Dinner - Baked Fusilli Pasta and Zucchini.  


We woke up at 6:30 to deliver Suzette to her eye surgery at 8:20.  


Before we left I toasted and buttered two halves of a whole wheat bagel and laid slices of salami on one and ham on the other and slices of Manchego cheese and spread some mustard on both.


After Suzette checked in I drove home and ate the bagel with a cup of chai.  I tested myself and I was still positive so I called and made an appointment for a teleconference with Dr. Bungo for 8:00 a.m. on Thursday.


I was called around 9:40 telling me Suzette was ready to be picked up.


I drove her home.  She said she was feeling fine.


At 1:30 I heated some PPI Fusilli pasta and Spaghetti sauce.


At 5:00 Suzette asked me what I wanted for dinner.  I said I was fine with baked pasta and requested peach and blueberry cobbler.


Suzette fetched the zucchinis I bought at El Super and made a baked pasta casserole with layers of PPI Fusilli pasts, two layers of sliced zucchini rounds, spaghetti sauce, fresh mozzarella cheese, and a garnish of grated Pecorino-Romano cheese on top.





Suzette also made a jiffy cobbler with the last of the peaches from our tree and some blueberries.  I wonder why cobbler made with fresh fruit from one’s own garden seems to taste better.


Suzette prefers to bake two dishes at once to conserve heat and prevent over heating the kitchen twice, although today was a relatively cool day.


Suzette opened a Spanish red wine produced by Pepita that was heavy on the palette and aptly named Toro.


After dinner I retired to the bedroom again and watched acre-run of Finding Your Roots and then watched a 4 hour Quarterfinal tennis match for rom the US Open in which a Russian named Kachanov beat  Kyrgios from Australia.


I then blogged and went to bed 


No comments:

Post a Comment