Wednesday, September 21, 2022

September 20, 2022 Lunch - Weenie Egg Foo Young. Dinner - Greenhouse Bistro Roasted Chicken with Green beans and rice

September 20, 2022  Lunch - Weenie Egg Foo Young. Dinner - Greenhouse Bistro Roasted Chicken with Green beans and rice 


Today was another two meal day.


I worked until lunch.  I decided to use the leftover rice, egg whites and garden greens Suzette picked last night and add red onion, ginger and 1/2 of a beef stick. I added an egg to the 3 egg whites plus 1/2 T. of soy and 1/2 T. of Chinese coking wine.  I then sautéed the onion and ginger.  I chopped up 1/2 cup of kale and chard.  I sliced the beef stick into then rounds and after a few minutes added the beef slices and rice to the wok.



 


After another minute I added the chopped greens and stirred all the ingredients so the beef slices would crisp on both sides.


I then added the egg mixture and let the dish cook for several minutes until the egg browned and firmed.  I then flipped the dish and let it cook on the other side to fully cook the dish while I made a cup of tea.


The dish was delicious.  This one of my favorite dishes because you easily cook all the ingredients into a delicious meal.


I used chop sticks to tear pieces off the cooked egg Foo Young cake.


I then napped until 3:30 and drove to Shahin’s office to deliver my tax records for preparation of my taxes.


I was caught in the 5:00 traffic when I left Shahin’s at 5:00, so I decided to drive tip-off the Sprouts at Academy and San Mateo, where I bought 16-20 count shrimp, a head of red leaf lettuce, portobello mushrooms, green beans, and rolled oats.


I made it home by 6:00.


Suzette had brought home a lemon and tarragon flavored roasted chicken from the Greenhouse Bistro.  I snapped about a cup of green beans and Suzette mixed the green beans with some PPI rice and heated the dark meat quarters of chicken and then the rice and green beans in the microwave.





We drank cocktails we made with dinner, a gin and tonic for me and a scotch for Suzette.


Willy came over a little later with a wild story about being accosted by a threatening person at his apartment and his laundry.


Suzette made Willy a plate with PPI Teriyaki Salmon and the last of the rice and green bean mixture.


The rice was rather special I used a bit more than 2 cups of water for 1 cup of rice and added a small handful of dried lilly flowers and chopped kombu seaweed and a tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock to the water at the beginning of the boil.


I ate a piece of tiramisu cake later with a cup of tea as I watched the second episode of the America and the Holocaust series on PBS.


Suzette will not watch it.  I think it is anxiety created by being confronted by what the Germans did to the Jews.


Bon Appetit 







No comments:

Post a Comment