Friday, April 10, 2020

April 10, 2020 Lunch – Chicken Salad. Dinner – PPI Stuffed Bell Pepper with Steamed fresh broccoli

April 10, 2020 lunch – Chicken Salad.  Dinner – PPI Stuffed Bell Pepper with Steamed fresh broccoli

I ate Tropical fruit salad, granola, milk, and yogurt for breakfast.

I had a slow morning, so I watched Governor Cuomo until 10:30, when the draft of the brief was retuned to me for my final edit.

I worked on it until 1:15 when I became hungry.  I made a chicken salad with Romaine lettuce, micro greens, a diced tomato, 1/3 of a cucumber sliced, kalamata olives, thin slices of yellow onion, and about 3 oz.of PPI Roasted Chicken cubed.  I dressed the salad with the perennial caesar salad dressing and the last glass of the 2013 Eguren Rose.

Suzette came home at 3:30 and I finished my edit about 4:00.  We each made ourselves a drink and played a game of bocce in the warm sunny late afternoon air that has become so much cleaner due to the reduction in driving and industry.  This is a time to enjoy the lack of air pollution.  Unfortunately everything is blooming so one suffers a bit from allergies.

When we finished playing bocce we came back inside and soon Luke called to talk.  We talked for about 45 minutes to help break each of our boredom.

We then heated the two PPI stuffed bell peppers in the microwave and I steamed more steamed broccoli.  I chilled a bottle of Spanish rose from the Rioja that I bought recently at Total wine.  This was a 2018 bottle produced by Casado Morales and had a wonderful full bodied fruitiness that Suzette loved.  Frankly I liked the more austere Eguren rose last night, but the fruity rose tonight was great with bits of the baked red bell pepper, rice and ground beef.









Later I ate a small piece of warmed fruit cobbler with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream for dessert with a cup of tea.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment