Tuesday, April 28, 2020

April 28, 2020 Lunch – PPI Tomatillo Enchiladas and Posole. Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

April 28, 2020 Lunch – PPI Tomatillo Enchiladas and Posole. Dinner – Bobby Flay Chicken with Roasted Vegetables

I ate Tropical Fruit Salad, yogurt, and granola for breakfast.

It was a low activity day but I did complete the boxing of my old files.

Next project will be completing my 2019 taxes.

At 12:30 I decided to eat lunch.  I heated about 4 oz. of PPI Tomatillo enchiladas in a pasta bowl filled with Posole.  As it turned out Suzette ate Tomatillo enchiladas at work today also.


After lunch I took the 10 lb. bag of chicken leg quarters I had bought for $5.90 and frozen.  We have been eating lots of pork and want to shift to a different meat.

I had a new experience today.  The market was trading down toward the close so a put a limit order in to buy 100 shares of Salesforce at 154.31.  I was replacing shares I had sold at $177.00.  Salesforce was trading above $154.50, so I did not think there was any chance it would fill, but in the last 20 seconds of trading the ask price dipped to $154.30 and then immediately shot back up to $155.00.  So I made $70.00 in 20 seconds.

I took a nap at 3:00 and awakened when Suzette arrived at 5:00.

After she showered we walked the gardens and discussed dinner.  We  decided to make a Bobby Flay Chicken with half of the chicken (5 quarters) and Suzette wanted to prep tandoori chicken with the other five quarters.  Suzette found a recipe for tandoori seasoning that included pepper, cumin, ground coriander, and cloves, minced ginger, onion, garlic, and curry powder that she made and then added yogurt to make the marinade for the chicken.

I also prepped roasted vegetables by dicing ½ large onion, five or six cloves of garlic, 10 Brussels sprouts, a rutabaga, and a parsnip, which Suzette tossed in olive oil with a bit of salt and later she added about ten stalks of diced asparagus.


After the chicken was coated with tandoori and placed in the fridge to marinate, Suzette turned her attention to the Bobby Flay Chicken.  We call it Bobby Flay Chicken because it is his recipe, but we love the recipe  because of the spice rub on the chicken and the way the chicken is cooked, first it is sautéed in a skillet weighted with another skillet filled with water and then baked in the oven.

Here is the recipe.  We did not make the mint sauce because we find the rub so delicious by itself.




                                                    Rubbed and ready to sauté

 
                                                                    Sautéing

After baking 

The vegetables after roasting 

I chilled a bottle of 2016 Benton Lane Rose.  I had a little secondary fermentation when I opened the bottle but that soon went away and it became very drinkable. I am not normally drinking 4 year old rose’ but I bought a case of Benton Lane and have ½ case left.  It is wonderful that it is holding up, perhaps because it is 100% Pinot Noir.


We ate under the gazebo and enjoyed a sunset around 8:00.

When we came back in we made a dessert by laying scoops of chocolate ice cream on a chocolate chip cookie and drizzling chocolate syrup and rum over it.  I ate mine with a cup of chai.

We watched Trevor Noah and Suzette then retired.  I stayed up to blog.

The President ordered meat processing workers back to work under the Defense Production Act today without ordering that they be tested or be spaced or those testing positive be isolated.  This could turn into a disaster, since thousands are already testing positive for corona virus.

One more sign of his lack of planning and his failure to follow his own guidelines.

Several workers have already died,  what if more die.  This could become a tort lawyers’ feast.  If a worker’s family sues the government for wrongful death for negligently failing to follow its own guidelines, will the President try to join China into the suit?

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment