Friday, April 10, 2020

April 9, 2020 Lunch – PPI Halibut with Egg Noodles. Dinner – PPI Roasted Chicken with Steamed Broccoli

April 9, 2020 Lunch – PPI Halibut with Egg Noodles.  Dinner – PPI Roasted Chicken with Steamed Broccoli

I ate a piece of toasted bread smeared with cream cheese and layered with thin onion slices and white fish.  The toasted French baguette was a lovely substitute for a bagel.  I drove to the bank but had car trouble and drove to Jody and Loyda’s to drop off the car.  When Jody returned me to my house,I drove to the bank and deposited a check.


When I returned home I heated the PPI Halibut and egg noodles from yesterday’s lunch.  It was just as good as yesterday, if a bit harsh on the soy sauce.

After lunch I checked the market and was pleased to see it had held a bit of the earlier gains of the morning, settling up 281 points.

I napped until 4:45 and then walked a mile alone listening to the news on my new headset.

Suzette was resting after her long day at work.

When I returned I heated the PPI Roasted Chicken and steamed some fresh broccoli and a piece of French bread toasted for dipping into the lemon tarragon sauce.


I went to the basement and found a 2013 Eguren Spanish Tempranillo rose.  It was a deep dark cherry colored full bodied wine, perhaps because the fruit had faded after 7 years in the cellar. Here are tasting notes for the wine
         
Tierra de Castilla, Spain - 100% Tempranillo. Red cherry in color. Intense raspberry and mature red berry aromas on the nose. Fleshy, cool and fruity. A great wine to enjoy with tapas or by itself (Crisp, Cherry, Berry, Light-bodied).

After dinner I ate a slice of fruitcake with a cup of tea and a shot of Calvados.

This was a great day of food and there was some chicken left for lunches.  As we hunker down, the simple joys of a piece of roasted chicken with a fresh vegetable in its lovely tarragon lemon sauce is wonderfully satisfying.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment