Monday, April 27, 2020

April 27, 2020 Lunch – Pork Salad Dinner – Shrimp scampi Primavera over Spinach Couscous

April 27, 2020 Lunch – Pork Salad   Dinner – Shrimp scampi Primavera over Spinach Couscous

We are tending toward simplified meals as the isolation wears on.  I do go out but only for basic activities.  Today I drove to the bank to deposits checks and tooth post office to post a letter that needed to be postmarked today.

I ate Gravad Lax on two Slices of toasted French dinner roll today smeared with cream cheese and garnished with onion and Gravad Lax slices with a cup of chai.




Then for lunch I made a salad with a slice of roasted pork diced, a hard boiled egg sliced, a tomato diced, 1/3 cucumber peeled and sliced, kalamata olives, sprinkled with grated Monterrey Jack cheese, and thinly sliced onion dressed with Caesar salad dressing.



At 5:45 I rode about three miles to Marquez and back.

Then we decided to make shrimp scampi Primavera with PPI Couscous with Spinach for dinner.  We thawed 8 large shrimp and I chopped 4 oz. of onion, ½ red bell pepper, 1 zucchini, and four cloves of garlic.  Suzette diced several stalks of asparagus and the sautéed the vegetables in olive oil and then
added the shrimp.  She then added some of the white Italian 2018 Falerio wine I had chilled to create a light white sauce.




Suzette was not in a good mood because of the shut down of the spa and delayed government assistance.

She said she did not like the wine but this is the same wine she liked previously.  I liked the wine a lot.  I bought four bottles a month or two ago when Total Wine was still open.





I have always thought that my mood was directly related to my cash flow and I guess it is the same with Suzette.

After dinner we watched the Antique Roadshow and then Suzette went to bed.

I made chocolate chip cookies and we each ate one.  I toasted ½ cup of pecans and added them plus ½ cup of raisins and 1 cup of chocolate chips to the dough.



We will hope that chocolate chip cookie therapy will get us through this financial rough spot.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment