Thursday, April 16, 2020

April 16, 2020 Lunch – PPI Garlic Eggplant and Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy. Dinner – Sautéed Duck Breast with PPI Roasted Root Vegetables and Steamed Asparagus

April 16, 2020 Lunch – PPI Garlic Eggplant and Stir Fried Baby Bok Choy. Dinner – Sautéed Duck Breast with PPI Roasted Root Vegetables and Steamed Asparagus

I ate granola, blueberries, milk, and yogurt for breakfast.

At lunch I re-heated the PPI Chinese dinner from last night and some rice.



I went to the bank which took an hour because of a slow moving line at the Bridge Street Wells Fargo drive through.  Yuck.

Suzette was home when I returned home listening to the President’s news conference about reopening the economy.

It was hard to imagine that much had changed, but the market futures reacted positively.  When I finished watching Endeavor at 10:00 I watched the European open and Asia and Europe were up and U.S. futures were up over 830 points.  I should be a good day for the market tomorrow.

At 5:30 or 6:00 we decided to make a repeat of our dinner of Tuesday night; sautéed duck breast with the PPI orange sauce we made Tuesday with the rest of the PPI roasted root vegetables and steamed asparagus.

I wanted to try the De Ponte Lonesome Rock Ranch Pinot Noir because I received an off to buy a case at a discount, so I went to to basement and fetched a bottle of the 2015.

It only took Suzette a few minutes to sauté the salted and peppered duck breasts and steam the asparagus.  I opened and poured the wine and sliced the duck breasts and then Suzette heated the PPI vegetables and creamed spinach and plated our dishes.  It was a lovely dinner although I thought the duck breasts were a little tough.





We both agreed that the Lonesome Rock Ranch Pinot was not to our liking. It was heavy and lacked the elegant smoothness of the De Ponte 2016 Dundee Hills Pinot Noir.  I will try to buy some more of the Dundee Hills Pinot. It makes us happy when we drink it.

I became sleepy at 8:00 and napped until 9:00 and the watched the last half of Midsomer Mystery, which was a rerun and then Endeavour, which was also a re-run, but a very good one.

Then I drank a cup of chai and blogged and went to bed.

I am thinking Spaghetti with sautéed zucchini and green beans with lemon juice for dinner tomorrow and then to freeze the rest of the spaghetti sauce.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment