Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 29, 2020 Lunch – Posole and a tamale. Dinner – New Recipe. Chicken Tandoori with Turmeric Rice, Roasted Vegetables, and Riata


April 29, 2020 Lunch – Posole and a tamale. Dinner – New Recipe. Chicken Tandoori with Turmeric Rice, Roasted Vegetables, and Riata

I woke up around 4:00 because something happened that has never ever happened before, One of my stocks rose more than $100 in the pre-market. This was a big deal for me because I own 99 shares.  When the market opened there seemed to be a harmonic convergence and many other stocks such as Facebook and Apple rallied along with a Google.  What I had done wasabi sold shares of those four stocks on the way down and used the amount realized to add additional shares at the lower price.  For example, I sold 78 shares of Google at $1388.00 on Feb 26 and bought 90 shares at the lower prices of 1086 on March 16 and 1106  April 2. Google closed at below $1245 yesterday and reached $1378 before falling back to a closing price today of $1341for a 22% gain in one month.

Also, I was happy I bought Salesforce yesterday because today it rose $5.00 today.  The market rewarded almost every stock today, rising 532 points or 2.2%.  Oil was even up another 20% and all the oil stocks rose. I am thrilled beyond words with a 1% rise in my portfolio value.  Today’s rise was over 3.2%, an increase beyond all reckoning and a strong validation for my strategy of re-entry and stock picking of the strongest tech names, such as Facebook, Apple, Qualcomm, and Google that were all big movers.

I toasted two slices of French dinner roll and smeared them with cream cheese and garnished them with onion slices and white fish for a lovely breakfast.



I spent five hours with Chuck trying to get my laptop fixed. It was pretty messed up.

Suzette worked from home today and had heated the bucket of Posole and steamed two tamales at
noon.  A 1:00 while Chuck was updating the computer programs I grabbed a quick bowl of Posole with a Tamale.

We put in an order at Bombay Spice for an assortment of Indian spices and asked Mike and Al to come and get the swamp coolers turned on.

When Chuck finished with the computer and Al and Mike were in the home stretch on the installation at about 5:00 we drove to Bombay Spice to pick up our order.  The box of spices was $62.00 and will last years.  I made the order because Suzette had made a tandoori marinade for the five remaining chicken quarters last night and was going to roast them tonight.  I agreed to make turmeric rice and Riata.

Turmeric Rice

I brought 2 cups of water to a boil and added ½ stick of cinnamon, five or six whole cloves, and ½ tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock, ½ tsp. of ground turmeric and 1 cup of rice.  I covered the pan and simmered the rice at the lowest setting for ½ hour.  The rice was cooked perfectly and had a beautiful yellow tint and a lovely spicy flavor.  Here is a picture.

Riata

I made my favorite Riata.  I peeled, seeded and cubed a cucumber and added ½ tsp. of salt and 1 T. of thinly sliced diced onion.  I then toasted mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and some dill seeds in a skillet
over medium heat until they started to change color and begin to pop.  I poured them into the cucumber and added about 1 cup of whole milk yogurt and all the accumulated liquid standing in the yogurt container.  I must admit, roasting the seeds gave the Riata a bright spice flavor.

When the chicken was fully cooked Suzette brought it in and we plated a leg section for each and served ourselves rice and Riata.  I put the jar of Major Grey’s mango chutney on the table because I like the combination flavor of rice and chutney with bites of chutney.  We both were thrilled with the result of our efforts, a truly unusual and delicious meal.  Suzette she was thrilled to have a chicken dish and especially such a delightfully flavorful one.




Riata and roasted vegetables 

                                                           The tumeric rice

I drank a cup of chai and Suzette drank the last of the white Bordeaux wine.

We had a lot to celebrate today, my biggest gain ever in the market and Suzette was notified that she received funding for her government PPP loan from her banker, which should get her through this awful economic period.

We both had a full day of activity and went to bed shortly after 9:00.

I did not drink a second cup of chai and had not napped in the afternoon, so I fell asleep quickly and slept until 1:30 when I finished this blog with a glass of water.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment