Wednesday, April 15, 2020

April 15, 2020 Lunch – Pulled Pork with Garbanzo and black beans. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant with pork, Stir fried Baby bok Choy with onion, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and water chestnuts and Rice

April 15, 2020 Lunch – Pulled Pork with Garbanzo and black beans. Dinner – Garlic Eggplant with pork,  Stir fried Baby bok Choy with onion, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and water chestnuts and Rice

The most exciting thing I did today was order food from El Super using Insta Cart, an on line grocery delivery service.  It was exciting because I still have not figured out how to order and I made some crazy mistakes.  The most glaring was I ordered a papaya and then Suzette said, “Order me one also, please. So I put 7 in the quantity box thinking the quantity was pounds because the price said $.50.  When the order arrived around 3:45 there were 7 large papayas.  The same thing happened with jalapeños and tomatillos I ordered 1 jalapeño and we received a bag of jalapeños.  I ordered two tomatillos and we received two bags of them.  I suspect what I thought would be a $45.00 bill will be double that when it is recomputed.  But we have a mountain of wonderful ingredients.  I can hardly wait to start cooking.

In fact we did start cooking this evening.

Suzette wanted to make her favorite Chinese Eggplant dish.

Here is a photo of it.





We usually add pork to the dish and this evening was no exception.

After cubing the Eggplant, garlic, ginger, and about 1cup of Pork for the Eggplant dish, we started chopping for the stir fried baby bok Choy dish.  I chopped ginger, yellow bell pepper, about 3 oz. of onion, and opened a small can of sliced water chestnuts. Suzette chopped garlic, and sliced four large
white mushrooms and fetched the second wok and fired up the heat on the big burners on the stove.
She then added 2 T. of peanut oil an started stir frying the hard ingredients: onion, ginger, garlic, the
white stalks of the baby bok Choy, and bell pepper.

After that cooked for a few minutes we added the mushrooms.  After several more minutes I added the green upper portions of the bok Choy leaves and the remaining seasoning sauce from the Eggplant dish.

Suzette then heated about a cup of PPI of white rice covered with Saran in the microwave and in a couple more minutes when the seasoning sauce combined with the cooking juices yielded by the ingredients to thickened into a sauce, we were ready to eat.

Suzette put a pile of rice onto a plate and then we each ladled spoonfuls of the two dishes on the top of the rice.

Suzette heated a pitcher of sake and I made a cup of green tea and we enjoyed a hearty meal of excellent Chinese food.  We watched the news but it was disturbing and saddening so we turned it off around 9:00.

I blogged and Suzette went to bed.

We will start cooking Mexican food soon.

Talking about Mexican food I heated a container of mystery food over spaghetti for lunch that turned out to be Pulled Pork in a Mexican sort of sauce with garbanzo and black beans.  I can not remember the dish but it was delicious and filling. Especially, after not eating any breakfast.




I picked up my old bike at the bike shop today, so soon I will be riding again.  My new bike was stolen so I took my old bike to Ryan and Greg at the Bike Coop, who replaced the old sew up Gitane rims with Campagnola presser rims and tubes.  The old bike was the  result of the historic  collaboration of Gitane and Campagnolo and had the famous Gitane low rise rims, but I am thrilled that they had a couple of Campie presser rims on consignment that fit the bike frame perfectly.  All the fittings and accessories are Campie Rekord which are still the strongest and best.  The bike was made in 1972 and was the same type of bike the Bernard Hinault rode to five Tour de France victories in a row.  I am excited to get it out and ride it.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment