Monday, April 20, 2020

April 20, 2020 Lunch – Pho Miso Noodle Soup with bone broth with beef. Dinner – Pork tacos with Avocado and cucumber, onion, and tomato salad

April 20, 2020 Lunch – Pho Miso Noodle Soup with bone broth with beef.  Dinner – Pork tacos with Avocado and cucumber, onion, and tomato salad

I watched the Market open down 500 points at the open and it did no better by the close, ending down 592.  I lost 1% which was actually less than my portfolio’s Friday gain.

What was really amazing was the drop open the price of oil, crude for May delivery went $17.00 negative.  It is hard to imagine that.  Would you pay someone $17.00 to not deliver oil to you?  This will have a devastating effect on the oil exploration and production industries.

Trump’s worst nightmare must be seeing large segments of the economy shut down, especially in one of those segments that support him and there is nothing he can do to fix it.

It is just a matter of time before he will run out of people to blame.

I ate whitefish on sliced and toasted whole-wheat rolls smeared with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion. I have adjusted to the absence of bagels.


I cleared files in the morning.

Lynn told me how delicious bone broth Pho was made by Viet Taste Restaurant, so since the steak last night contained a sliced open bone, I decided to make a beef bone broth.  I put the bone and meat left from last night’s meal into a pot with two quarts of water and six asparagus  stalks and simmered it for several hours.  At 11:30 I started making soup.  I followed my normal recipe a tsp. of dry pulse seaweed, brown rice vermicelli, and wheat noodles, two sliced mushrooms, 3 oz. of yellow onion, 3 oz. of firm tofu, two beef meatballs, four stalks of asparagus diced, and the 3 or four oz. of beef from last night, plus 2 T. of Chinese Cooking wine, 1 tsp. of sesame oil, a handful of spinach, 1 cube of Pho seasoning, and 1 heaping T. of red miso.  I garnished the soup with thinly sliced green onion.


I napped after lunch and the road to Central and back.  I could not enter the bike path due to construction. I noticed that the Albuquerque Country Club and Tingley Beach are closed .

When I returned Suzette had arrived after buying corn and flower tortillas at Smith’s.  We decided to make pork tacos for dinner

She heated some of the PPI pork roast in green Tomatillo sauces made Sunday.  She then sliced a portion of meat and shredded it and heated it in a skillet.  I fetched the cabbage and a carrot from the garage and Suzette made cole slaw with mayo and sour cream.

She heated six corn tortillas in a wet paper towel in the microwave and we served ourselves meat and Cole slaw and some of the cucumber, red onion, and tomato Salad we made last night.  I fetched Negra Modelo beers and we had a great dinner.




We watched the Antiques Roadshow from 7:00 until 9:00, when Suzette went to bed. I stayed up to blog until 11:00.

Bon Appetit




No comments:

Post a Comment