Saturday, April 4, 2020

April 4, 2020 Brunch – Open Faced Sausage and bean Burrito Late Lunch – Egg and Tuna Salad Sandwiches Dinner – PPI Vietnamese Miso Udon Noodle soup

April 4, 2020 Brunch – Open Faced Sausage and bean Burrito
Late Lunch – Egg and Tuna Salad Sandwiches  Dinner – PPI Vietnamese Miso Udon Noodle soup

We watched the news and called Luke and then made Brunch.

We prepared one of our favorite weekend dishes Sausage and Egg burritos.  I prepped by slicing and dicing 3 oz. of yellow onion and about an equal amount of pork sausage and about 1 oz. of fresh pasilla chili, which I sauteed in butter and olive oil.  I then whisked two eggs with a dash of salt and white pepper and chopped about 2 T. of fresh cilantro that I added to the whisked eggs and poured over the other ingredients and added slices of aged Manchego cheese. I also heated a small amount of Refried beans in the microwave.

Suzette took over and heated two flour tortillas and smeared each with some of the beans and then divided the egg and sausage scramble between the tortillas.  I drizzled a few drops of Valentina hot sauce on my dish and made a cup of manzanilla tea and we took our plates and mug of tea to the garden gazebo and ate al fresco brunch in the garden.


 




After brunch we worked in the garden.  We cultivated and planted two of the triangles on the formal garden with lettuce seeds and I dug and pulled out several trees that had sprouted.

I picked three stalks of celery and five of six chives and went back inside and we made a late lunch.  I picked and thinly sliced three leaves of the celery and six chives and Suzette added them to the egg salad she had made with the two hard boiled eggs boiled yesterday, some mayo, and mustard.  Then
she combined the egg salad with the PPI tuna salad and  I fetched a bag of whole wheat dinner rolls
from the garage fridge and we sliced each into three slices and toasted the slices.


Suzette drank a beer and I drank the last of the French rose and we had a lovely snack while we watched the President go through a day of more than usual volatility during the WH press conference, perhaps because he felt defensive after firing the Inspector General who submitted the whistleblower report to Congress that led to his impeachment.

After our snack we decided to eat bowls of ice cream.p; vanilla for Suzette and chocolate for me with a drizzle of Hershey’s chocolate syrup, whipped cream and a small handful of pecans.



I could not stand Trump’s continuous lies and lay down and took a long nap.

When I awakened it was after 5:00. We watched the news and Rick Steves’ Travel Show about Romania until 6:00.

We then took a mile walk in the neighborhood..

I lay down again but soon received a call from Mohan who has just returned from India.  We talked until 8:00 when Suzette came to get me to watch Father Brown.  It was a lovely show without a murder.

  Suzette had eaten a bag of popcorn while I was napping so she was not hungry for dinner, so I heated the PPI Vietnamese Miso Udon Noodle soup that I made yesterday.  I added another heaping T. Of red miso and a diced bok Choy leaf.  I ate 1 bowl with a squirt of hoisin sauce and put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow.



We watched Death in Paradise and the Suzette went to bed and I stay up with a sip of Calvados and blogged.

This was one of those weekend days when we typically eat two meals and a snack.

Willy came by to fetch his motorcycle and we agreed he would come back tomorrow to help rototill the raised beds and we would plant them and fix an early dinner of roasted chicken with tarragon and lemon.

Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment