August 1, 2026. Breakfast - chicken and a vegetable Egg Foo Young. Lunch and Concert and pedicure at the Center, Dinner - grilled Lamb chops on mint, tzatziki, tabouli, and Steamed Broccoli
I woke up at 2:30 and drafted a Notice of Appeal.
Then I slept until 6:30 when we got up I sautéed the leftover chicken and vegetables and stirred in two eggs to make an egg foo young like cake.
After I ate I showered and dressed and we left at 8:00 and drove to Belen where Suzette bought Five 12 foot collapsible tables for her new park project.
We then drove to the Center and I had a pedicure friend j 10:00 to 11:30 that greatly helped my feet feel better.
I enjoyed talking to Elisa, the lady who gave me the pedicure.
I then joined the community for residents for lunch under the tent in the field in front of the stage where a really good six piece band played.
Lunch included BBQ chicken thighs, macaroni salad, and watermelon.
At 12:30 we drove back to Albuquerque.
We worked at our desks during the afternoon. I worked until 3:00 and then lay down to read and doze until 4:30.
We then discussed dinner. Suzette decided to make a fig and goat cheese tart and grill the lamb chops we bought at Costco on Wednesday.
I agreed to make tabouli, tzatziki, and steam broccoli. I used fresh tomatoes from the garden at the Center in the tabouli plus chopped cucumber, green onion, lemon juice, olive oil, and fresh mint and parsley from our garden.
I also used fresh mint and garlic from our garden in the tzatziki plus lemon juice, cucumber, yogurt, and a little onion and olive oil.
It was a rather elaborate dinner but everything turned out well and we now have the ingredients for pita pockets sandwiches.
In the afternoon I fetched a bottle of 2018 Olarra Reserva Rioja and chilled it so we would not need to add ice for dinner. Suzette really liked drinking chilled red wine with dinner.
We watched Bill Maher and later Father Brown and fell asleep during Death in Paradise and went to bed at 10:00.
Bon Appetit












No comments:
Post a Comment