Wednesday, August 26, 2026

August 26, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate Lunch - Leftover Enchiladas and chips Dinner - Ichiban

August 26, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate Lunch - Leftover Enchiladas and chips Dinner - Ichiban


Today was great in many ways. 


First at 1:30, after I finished eating the other half of my enchiladas and beans from yesterday’s lunch at Mary and Tito’s, I drove to Bosque Bakery and bought a loaf of South Valley Sourdough that contains 30% whole wheat.




Then I drove to Walgreen’s and bought a birthday card and two bars of Ghirardelli dark chocolate with sea salt for Suzette for her birthday.


When I finished meditation at 4:00 Suzette was eating the chocolate so I guess she liked her gift.


I napped until 5:00 and then at 6:00 we drove 40 minutes to Ichiban at the corner of Coors and Alameda for dinner. I ordered Chirashi that was amazing because it contained three slices of blue fin tuna. Suzette’s Pompeii Roll was even more amazing. It was a plate filled with a layer of California roll nigiri topped with a large quantity of battered and deep fried crawfish piled on top. We did not get served until 7:00 and we had to leave at 7:20 to make Max Gomez’ concert at the Old San Ysidro Church, so we boxed and iced most of our dinner. So we will have a great Japanese dinner tomorrow night.




The concert was great and the venue amazing. My seat was at the end of the row next to the Adobe wall and when I leaned against the thick freshly plastered wall I felt the vibrations of the music through the building’s structure that I last felt during an organ recital I attended at the Nideros Cathedral in Trondheim, Norway in 1970, the farthest north Gothic cathedral built in the 11th century that I momentarily thought might shake to pieces.


Suzette and I also rode around the neighborhood in the morning and Shahin found some more expenses and lowered my taxes a bit.


So far more than an average day. 


And Nvidia announced good earnings after the market closed and as of 11:30 p.m. its stock is up almost $10 in the after market.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment