August 6, 2026 Breakfast - Granola. Lunch - Enchiladas with beans and rice. Dinner - Leftover Stuffed Eggplant with Sautéed Tomatoes and lamb over orecchiette pasta.
Dinner was fantastic today. I diced 2 cups of the fresh tomatoes Suzette picked yesterday plus the last leftover grilled lamb chop, 1/8 of a red onion, and she picked fresh basil from the garden and sautéed those ingredients.
The sauce dominated by fresh sweet tomatoes was sublime. She boiled a cup of orecchiette pasta and heated the leftover stuffed eggplant from dinner two nights ago.
I went to the basement and fetched a bottle of Aquino 3014 Chianti Reserva and we enjoyed a great meal.
Breakfast and lunch were the usual blah dishes, good but nothing compared to dinner. Here is a photo of the lunch.
We watched Desert Reef about the Guadalupe Mountains geological history as a preserved 250 million year old reef, then Midsomer Murders and after Suzette went to bed I watched my new favorite show, George Gently Detective, with another gritty plot of humanity as it really exists.
I went to bed at 11:00 when it ended.
Bon Appetit






No comments:
Post a Comment