August 2, 2026 Breakfast - BLT Sandwiches with an egg Lunch - Mongolian Beef and Lo Mein Noodles, Snack - Fig Tart with Champagne. Dinner - Pita Pocket Sandwiches with Tabouli, tzatziki, and grilled lamb
We worked at our desks much of the day with lots of interruptions for food.
At 9:00 Suzette fried bacon, sliced tomatoes, an avocado, and 4 slices of French Country bread that she toasted. I fetched the lettuce and she fetched the Mayo and fried egg pancakes and we made BLT sandwiches with egg and avocado slices for a rather decadent breakfast with glasses of Albariño.
Then after the news at 10:30 we rode bikes in the neighborhood.
Then we worked until 12:30 when I heated the leftover Mongolian Beef and Lo Mein Noodles for lunch.
I then rested from 1:30 until 2:30 and Suzette worked until 3:00 when we watched The final episode of the Marlow Murder Club and snacked on a slice of Fig and Goat cheese tart with glasses of Gruet Brut.
Then I sliced a cabbage and Suzette filled 4 quart bottles with cabbage, a T. of salt and hot water to make sauerkraut.
I then rested and Suzette watched HGTV until 6:00 when we watched Miss Fisher. At 6:45 I sliced two previously grilled lamb chops into slices and at 7:00 Willy came and we fetched the tabouli and tzatziki and heated the lamb and heated pitas cut in half and filled them to make pita pocket sandwiches.
We all watched Patience and Willy opened my birthday box of chocolates and each ate a truffle with the lovely Gran Reserva Rioja I opened.
Then at 8:00 when Willy left we watched Grantchester until 9:00 when we went to bed.
I sipped a cognac mixed with the last of the Geveny herbal liquor and blogged while Suzette slept.
Bon Appetit







No comments:
Post a Comment