Sunday, August 16, 2026

August 16, 2026 Breakfast - Granola and Pain au Chocolate Lunch - Pork, Potato Pancake, and Fried Egg. Dinner - Pork Tacos with Cole Slaw

August 16, 2026 Breakfast - Granola and Pain au Chocolate  Lunch - Pork, Potato Pancake, and Fried Egg. Dinner - Pork Tacos with Cole Slaw


I awakened around 7:30 and ate around 8:30. We were hoping to ride bikes, so I ate a bowl of granola with milk, blueberries and yogurt and then drank a chai with Collagen with a pain au Chocolate.  I was feeling good all day.


We red at 9:00 around the neighborhood and Suzette rode really well today. I hope she is feeling less pain.


Then at 11:30 Suzette stated lunch. She heated the leftover two potato pancakes and pork, apple, and onion entree from last night’s dinner. She fried two eggs and stacked 1/2 of the pork slice on a reheated potato pancake and lay a fried egg on top of the pork for a rather tasty and elegant brunch.




Suzette also toasted two slices of Country bread that I buttered and spread fresh peach, fig, and quince compote on.


Suzette fetched and opened a bottle of Spanish Columna Albarino that was very tart. It obviously had not been aged on the leas, the skins and seeds.




After lunch I lay down to read The invention of Morell by Casares and nap until 4:00 when I started preparing ratatouille.  


I diced a medium Ichiban eggplant, two medium onions, three zucchini, and two green bell peppers and cooked those ingredients in 3 T. of olive oil in a large casserole. 


I then went to the garden and picked four stalks of oregano, stripped the leaves, and finely minced them and added the approximately 1 cup of oregano to the ratatouille. Then I diced three tomatoes and added them and cooked the ratatouille until 7:00.


Dinner - Around 5:30 Suzette made dinner. She finely diced some of the pork loin she had roasted and sautéed it with slices of red onion, diced 1/2 of a large avocado and halved some of the cherry tomatoes from our garden. She then heated four corn tortillas wrapped in wet paper towels in the microwave to soften them.


She then plated each plate with two tortillas and covered them with the pork and onion mixture, avocado, tomatoes, and some of the Cole slaw she made last night.





I fetched two Negra Modelos from the garage fridge and we ate a lovely meal.


After dinner we watched another movie. This one was titled I’ll Be Right There and starred Edie Falco.  When I read Wikipedia about her I discovered that she is a Buddhist and the movie has that vibe from helping everyone to just enjoin a beautiful sunset and realizing she enjoys helping her family and others.


I then watched the last forty minutes of a MLS match between Dallas and Austin that Dallas won2 to 1.


We then went to bed.


Bon Appetit

 


No comments:

Post a Comment