August 22, 2026 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate Lunch - Coda Bakery Bun Cha Gio with egg rolls. Snack - cheese and grapes
We woke up early. I ate a pain au chocolate with chai and then rode my bike around the neighborhood.
Suzette left for exercise and work and I left home at 9:20. I dropped the book off at Peter’s and then met Shahin at his office at 10:00 and we worked until 1:30 to complete my taxes.
When I returned home I discovered that Suzette had eaten my leftover Bun Cha Gio from Friday’s lunch at Pho Linh.
I was still in the mood for Bun Cha Gio, so at 2:00 I drove to Coda Bakery at the corner of San Pedro and Central. It was busy as usual nut in a couple of minutes I ordered Bun Cha Gio for $12.50 with a large container filled with piles of Vietnamese Rice Vermicelli, lettuce, cucumber sticks, mint, mung bean sprouts, pickled carrots and daikon, peanuts, and fish sauce. On the side was a cardboard basket with four steaming hot egg rolls in a bad to keep them warm.
It was a lot of food but I was hungry and ate it all with an extra fish sauce.
I then went home and rested for an hour and then we drove to Home Depot where Suzette bought swamp cooler and I filled the Highlander with gas.
It was 8:00 when we drove to Vara to taste wine and pick up my three bottle wine club selections, a Spanish Viura, a California AlbariƱo, and a red Mencia. We tasted all three and then were offered several other wines to taste. We both liked the Atrevido that is a blend of 75% Grenache and 25% Carenina grapes from Spain.
We also bought a bottle of late harvest AlbariƱo from California grapes.
The two bar tenders were pleasant and knowledgeable and, since there were no other customers we had a pleasant conversation as we sampled about ten wines.
As I neared 9:00 the bar tender helped load our wine and we drove home.
Neither of us were hungry so I toasted three slices of baguette and we spread goat cheese on one slice and brie on the other two and wash them down with a glass of Brunello and a bunch of grapes.
We went to bed around 9:30.
Bon Appetit


No comments:
Post a Comment