August 20, 2026. Breakfast - Pain au Chocolate. Lunch - Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup. Dinner - Sautéed Salmon, Roasted Potatoes and onions and Cole Slaw
I awakened at 2:30 and edited my reply until 4:00 and watched the news for 30 minutes and went back to bed and slept until 8:00
I ate a pain au chocolate with a latte macchiato and finished the edit by 12:30.
I decided to make Vietnamese noodle soup with the meat of one of the baked chicken thighs, seaweed, 1 bundle each of wheat and rice vermicelli noodles, a handful of chopped Napa cabbage and a handful of spinach, two shiitake mushrooms sliced thinly, and 1/2 shallot minced plus a cube of Pho seasoning, 1/2 T. of chicken stock, and a heaping T. of red miso.
I cooked all the ingredients for about 20 minutes and added five chicken dumplings and cooked the noodles another fifteen minutes and added some water to bring the volume to about 1 3/4 quarts.
Then I thinly sliced two green onions and salvaged some cilantro to garnish the noodles and squirted the bowl of noodles with hoisin.
I drank a cup of green tea with the noodles and ate two bowls.
I then worked on other matters until 6:30.
Dinner - Suzette started cooking dinner around 6:00. She sautéed The salmon filet I bought two days ago and reheated the leftover roasted potatoes and onions. When those two items were cooked, she plated them with a pile of the Cole slaw made a few days ago and poured out the last of the 2023 Claire Patelin French Sauvignon Blanc.
We enjoyed dinner and after dinner shared the last beso de Nuez wedding cookie.
At 7:30 I.lay down to read and napped until 8:15 when I got ready for bed and blogged and talked to Suzette until 9:00 and went to bed.
Bon Appetit





No comments:
Post a Comment