Saturday, August 8, 2026

August 7, 2026 Breakfast and lunch- Pain au Chocolate. Lunch - Pho Linh. Dinner - Brown Grouper grilled in Aluminum with green beans and tomatoes and wrapped in Korean basil

August 7, 2026 Breakfast and lunch- Pain au Chocolate. Lunch - Pho Linh. Dinner - Brown Grouper grilled in Aluminum with green beans and tomatoes and wrapped in Korean basil


Today I rested in the morning and tried to buy some more Space X except something interesting happened. Instead of going down as the market usually does on a Friday, the NASDAQ went up 342 points and instead of going down Space X went up over $18.00.


At 7:20 I ate a pain au chocolate with a Latte macchiato with collagen.


Then Suzette and I biked around the neighborhood.


When I returned home I updated the documents for the transaction that was closing today and my Notice of Non-availability.


Then I showered and dressed and drove to Robert’s at 11:00.  We drove to Pho Linh Vietnam Grill at 9100 Central SE for lunch.  Robert ordered fried rice with tofu and I ordered a rice vermicelli bowl with fried egg roll and grilled marinated pork and piles of mung beans, lettuce, cucumber threads, plus fish sauce. I asked and was brought more fish sauce and cilantro and Oriental basil. I like the food and presentation at Pho Linh and others must also. It was quite crowded and has a 4.6 rating on Yelp.



We could only eat half of our large portions and took the other half home, which Suzette ate when she ate for her lunch.


On the way home I stopped at Talin and bought, Chinese eggplants, fresh wood ear, beech mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, soft tofu, a lb. of fresh brown grouper, pimientos, and buckwheat noodles, a bag of fresh lo mein wheat noodles, and mung bean noodles.


                                Here is the brown grouper that became dinner


When I returned home at 1:30 I read mail and watched the market close and then drove to the 3:00 closing near Paseo del Norte.


When I returned at 4:00 I checked my portfolio which was very close to a new all time high due to the recent surge in tech stocks and then rested until 5:00.


Suzette picked a basket full of ripe figs from our bush and searched for a recipe for fig and peach preserves that we will make this weekend. 


Dinner - Suzette has been wanting to wrap fish in the Korean basil leaves growing in the garden, so I boned the grouper steak into a pile of small fish fillets to which Suzette added snapped green bean sections and minced garlic and small halved orange tomatoes from our garden plus butter, capers, Lemon thyme, and a dash of Bandol rose and we then wrapped and crimped the two mounds of ingredients in aluminum foil and Suzette baked the packets on the grill outside. We heated leftover rice and poured glasses of Trader Joe’s Bandol Rose.




After 30 minutes on the grill we opened the aluminum foil wrappers and added rice and ate another amazing dinner. I found that my fork filled with a bit of fish, tomato, caper, and green bean sections was a perfectly wonderful bite of food. 


After we had eaten all the cooked ingredients there was a small puddle of cooking juices left. I cut a thin slice of French country bread and we soaked the bread in the juices and ate the bread saturated with the cooking juices, it was also delicious.


We then watched The 1963 classic, Charade, with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn, set in Paris and Suzette criss cross cut open the top of six ripe figs and stuffed them with fresh goat cheese and drizzled them with honey. I opened the chilled bottle of Reif Estates  Grand Reserve 2021 Vidal Icewine grown on the Niagara Peninsula we bought of Niagara Falls on the Lake in Canada several years ago. ‘‘‘Twas a pretty fancy dessert for a pretty fancy dinner.”


The wine’s back label said that the wine was made by crushing frozen Vidal grapes that produced the “layers of flavors of peach, apricot, and honey.”  Reif’s currently offers its 2023 375 ml. Grand Reserve Vidal Icewine at a retail price of $69.95, and this unique wine seemed worth it. 






Great meals include unique fresh ingredients beautifully prepared. This was a great meal.


When Charade ended at 9:45, we went to bed and had a good night’s sleep.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment