August 21, 2026 Breakfast - Granola Lunch - Pho Linh. Dinner - Leftover Bobby Flay Chicken and Ratatouille
It was a productive day. I reviewed my Reply in the water case and filed it by 3:45.
I woke up at 6:00 and ate a bowl of granola with yogurt, blueberries and milk at 7:30.
Then at 8:30 I rode my bike around the neighborhood.
I then showered and dressed and worked at my desk until 11:00 when I Picked Robert at his office and drove us to Pho Linh near Eubank and Central.
We each ordered our usual, bun cha Gio for me and rice with vegetables and tofu for Robert.
We discussed a troublesome client of Robert’s.
Then when we returned to Robert’s office, which includes a shop and living quarters where he keeps a car collection, he showed me his newly purchased 1938 Simca 5.
I then drove home and finished my review of the reply
At 4:15 I finished the filing and heated the Vietnamese Noodle Soup from yesterday’s lunch and Suzette and I shared it.
dinner.
We were still hungry for dinner so at 6:30 we heated the leftover ratatouille and several of the Bobby Flay chicken thigh leftover from last night’s
I opened a 2013 Red Newt Bullhorn Creek Riesling that was sensational. It had that magic balance of extreme sweetness and minerality that make Finger Lake Rieslings so impressive. Suzette, who is usually low keyed about wines was struck by its intensity.
We loved dinner. Leftovers can be wonderful.
After dinner we drank another glass of Riesling and watched a terrific episode of finding your Roots about Depok Chupra, Sting, and Sally Fields. Sally’s tenth great grandfather arrived in America on the Mayflower in 1620. Chopra’s dad was aide de camp to Lord Mountbatten in WWII and a physician.
It was an impressive show.
We went to bed after it at 9:45.
Bon Appetit





No comments:
Post a Comment