Tuesday, August 25, 2026

August 25, 2026 Breakfast - Savory Danish. Lunch - Mary and Tito’s Snack - Hotel Parq Central Dinner - Ex Novo

August 25, 2026 Breakfast - Savory Danish. Lunch - Mary and Tito’s   Snack - Hotel Parq Central Dinner - Ex Novo


Today was Suzette’s Birthday. She left before I awakened at 7:40 and came home around 3:30.


I heated and ate one of the savory Danish that Monica and Aaron brought on Sunday and then rode around the neighborhood. I accumulated over 3700 steps today. 



I moved money and had an hour conference call with opposing counsel in my probate case and then researched the law for 1 1/2 hours and drafted a status report in an appeal.


Henry came at 12:30 and we went to lunch at Mary and Tito’s.


Henry ordered Chicharrones and Huevos Rancheros. I ordered beef  enchiladas.




Neither of us could finish our meal and I took two boxes home.


When I returned at 2:30 I wrote out several options for the probate case and at 4:15 lay down until 5:00 when we drove to Parq Hotel Central for a drink.  Willy joined us and we ordered a small bowl of each of guacamole and roasted olives.




Then at 6:30 we decided to go to Ex Novo at the corner of 7th and Central for dinner.


It was crowded and there was a trio playing live music. Suzette ordered sautéed Pork Belly with steamed Broccolini and farro cooked with mushrooms. I was very impressed with the creativity and execution of her dish that we shared. Willy ordered the Angus double meat burger with Incredibly crisp fried potatoes. I bought two glasses of Willamette Reserve Pinot Noir. It was a lovely al fresco dinner outside on the covered patio, although a bit warm. It reached 99 degrees today, so Fall has definitely not arrived yet. Willy said that this is expected to be a cooler summer than any in the future.





I was impressed with the quality of the food  and will return to Ex Novo.


We went home and talked to Luke briefly until 8:00 when a re-run of Finding Your Roots came on PBS.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I followed at 10:00 after watching Tadej ride away from the rest of the field in Stage 4 of the Vuelta adding 2 minutes and 40 seconds to his lead, while I was drinking a cup of chai with a scoop of collagen and eating a few bites of the birthday cake Suzette’s employees gave her at a surprise party today at the Center.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment