Friday, August 14, 2026

August 14, 2026 .Breakfast two men on rafts. Lunch - Coda Bakery. Dinner - Oysters, watermelon salad, and corn on the cob

August 14, 2026 .Breakfast two men on rafts. Lunch - Coda Bakery. Dinner - Oysters, watermelon salad, and corn on the cob


I slept nine hours from 11:00 until 8:00 a.m. which is remarkable.


I made two men on rafts by toasting slices of French Country bread in butter on one side, turning them over and toasting the other side and dropping an egg yolk centered in a hole in the middle of the bread and drank a latte macchiato with collagen.





Then it took me several hours to obtain the documents to prove I met my RMD distribution requirement for 2025 and the 1099 for Verizon.


I sent them to Shahin at 11:00 and drove to take Peter to lunch.  When he mentioned Vietnamese, I said, “Let’s go to a new place.”


I drove us to the new Coda bakery restaurant at the corner of Central and San Pedro. It was packed with a line waiting to order when we arrived. When we reached the place taking orders I thought I ordered two Bun Cha Gio with extra egg rolls, but we got one bun cha Gio with double meat and two extra egg rolls which was perfect.  Peter loved the hot egg rolls and ate his two immediately. The portion in the large circular take out container satisfied both of us with some left for Peter to take home.








After I dropped him off at his house I went home and ordered 36 oysters from Whole Foods for 5:45 pick up and checked the market. AMD was up over $30.00 and everything else was flat, so my portfolio increased by .55%. 


At 2:30 I started editing my draft reply in support that I worked on until 4:00 when I took a jar of apricot chutney and a jar of the recently bottled Peach, quince, and fig compote to the Riccos.  Mary Ann showed me their art that was mostly black and white photos.


I then walked next door and returned the book I borrowed from Charlie. 


I returned home and at 5:15 we drove to Whole Foods and picked up the three dozen oysters on the half shell and drove to Debbie’s home in High Desert east of Tramway.


She made a watermelon, feta, and arugula salad and boiled several ears of corn for an excellent dinner. She is traveling to Seattle and will eat Dungeness crab so I made my three sauce combination sauce combining cocktail sauce, mignonette sauce with finely minced red onion cooked for 20 minutes in lemon juice and Mayo like in a crab Louis sauce.


She and Suzette liked it so well, they would not eat any regular cocktail sauce with the oysters.


The oysters were excellent, a dozen each of Wellfleet, Rapahanick, and Atlantic longs.


The salad was light and delicious as was the fresh boiled ears of corn.





We took a bottle of French Palantir Sauvignon Blanc and drank it with the oysters.


After dinner Debbie made desserts of Angel food cake garnished with sugared diced strawberries, whipped cream, and a scoop of Hagen Das vanilla ice cream


We left around 9:45 after a pleasant evening of food and conversation.


 One of the highlights was Debbie showing us the Buddha she recent purchased still reclining in her car’s passenger seat.



When we returned home we made the bed with clean sheets and went to bed.


Bon Appetit





No comments:

Post a Comment