Tuesday, August 4, 2026

August 4, 2026 Breakfast - Granola with milk and blueberries Lunch - Enchiladas with onion, sour cream and beans. Dinner - Baked Stuffed Eggplant with Lamb chop and tabouli

August 4, 2026 Breakfasts - Granola with milk and blueberries Lunch - Enchiladas with onion, sour cream and beans with a toasted and buttered tortilla  Dinner - Baked Stuffed Eggplant with Lamb chop and tabouli

I awakened at 6:30 and ate a bowl of granola with blueberries and milk.


Then at 9:30 I rode around the neighborhood on my recumbent bike and was even able to lift myself out of the sling seat without assistance.


Then I began working on a pleading for the LRGA until 10:00 when I attended the Earn Board meeting.


Then I worked at my desk until 12:00 when I heated some enchiladas and beans with extra chopped onions and sour cream with water and a toasted and buttered flour tortilla.




I kept checking the market today because there was a huge rally with the Dow up almost 1000 points until the closing sell off. Even with the sell off, the Dow and the S and P reached new all time highs. The NASDAQ ended up 671 and my portfolio gained over 2.5%, nearing its all time high again even after several distributions.


At 3:30 I meditated until 4:00 and then talked on the phone, including a telephone conversation from Luke to tell me he was hired for the marketing job he has been seeking at a company manufacturing fashion from discontinued fabric, which is a good fit for Luke.


I rested until 5:30 when I drove to Lowe’s and bought a gallon of milk.


It was my only trip out of the house today but I accumulated over 3000 steps.


When Suzette arrived around 6:00 she found a French recipe for eggplant stuffed with chopped tomatoes, pimiento, bread crumbs, eggplant, garlic, and holy basil. She partially baked the eggplant then cut it down the middle to create a long cavity that she stuffed and baked. It was a very successful new recipe that reminded me of the similarly stuffed eggplant dish we at the Istanbul Restaurant in Honolulu.


Suzette served leftover tabouli and heated lamb chops with slices of stuffed eggplant and I opened another Reserva Spanish Rioja.



We were both tired and went to bed at 8:45.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment