Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July 31, 2024 Lunch - Alquds Mediterranean Grill and Grocery. Dinner - Lamb burger Pita Sandwiches with tzatziki and feta

July 31, 2024 Lunch -  Alquds Mediterranean Grill and Grocery. Dinner - Lamb burger Pita Sandwiches with tzatziki and feta


I woke up from 3:00 to 5:00 and then slept Ed until 8:00.


I had a pain au chocolate and coffee and then later a slice of baguette spread with Cherry preserves and slices of Suzette’s latest cheese ball that she makes by combining several old cheeses, butter, and white in a Cuisinart. It tasted mild and yet was firm.


I checked my portfolio and I was up big time. Then I drove to demo, which is one of the doctor visits I like because it cleans up my skin.


Then at 11:00 I drove to Alquds Mediterranean Grill and Grocery at the northwest corner of San Pedro and Montgomery in the space that once was acWells Fargo branch. I picked a 6 pack of pitas, a yogurt, and ordered an order of kibbeh, which consists of two kibbeh and a puddle of tzatziki. Kibbeh have a meat stuffed center surrounded by a grain outer shell. These were fried and very hot. I loved them and they only cost $6.34 with tax and no tip because I ordered them in the grocery, although I sat in the restaurant to eat them. 




After lunch I went home to meet Debbie and help her with a legal matter.


Before she arrived I was able to watch the US women’s team beat Australia in soccer.


I finished around 4:00 and then worked with another client until after 5:00.


Finally when I checked my portfolio I discovered that my portfolio had its best day ever, rising 5.26%, which got my portfolio more than halfway back to my all time high of about ten days ago.


Suzette came home and we discussed dinner and decided to keep it simple by making lamb burgers by wrapping one a lamb burger in a pita, like a big taco. Willy came by to do his laundry and then left to go to the gym I made tzatziki with the fresh Middle Eastern yogurt, garlic, diced cucumber, the PPI minced mint, and 1 1/2 T. of olive oil.


I also chiffonade cut about six leaves of lettuce.

When Willy returned we made sandwiches by wrap a whole heated pita around feta, tzatziki, lettuce, and a lamb burger like a large stuffed taco. Willy drank Pellegrino, Suzette drank Vara 2019 Tempranillo, and I drank Danish Carlsberg.


We watched Olympics and news. Donald Trump got roughed up verbally at the the Black Journalists and Kamala had a great day and the annual meeting of her college sorority.  


We went to bed at 9:15


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment