Tuesday, July 30, 2024

July 30, 2024 Lunch - PPI Pasta with mussels in Cajun Shrimp Sauce, Dinner - Apricot and Mint Lamb burgers with PPI Dirty Rice

July 30, 2024 Lunch - PPI Pasta with mussels in Cajun Shrimp Sauce, Dinner - Apricot and Mint Lamb burgers with PPI Dirty Rice 


I ate a pain au chocolat for breakfast and then followed Suzette to deliver the van to Wrap It where they are going to decorate the exterior of the van.


When I returned home I walked to the bank and back.


I then worked until 1:45 when I ate a bowl of leftover spaghetti with the remaining mussels in Cajun Shrimp Sauce for lunch.




From 4:00 until 5:00 I rested.


I meditated at 5:00.


Then for dinner we made and sautéed lamb burgers with the remaining 1 lb. of ground lamb, about 1/4 lb. of pork sausage, 1/4 cup of minced mint, 1/4 cup of minced dried apricots, and 1/4 cup of minced shallot plus 1/2 tsp. of salt.  We reheated the leftover dirty rice in the wok to try to dry it out a bit.


Suzette fetched a bottle of her homemade apricot chutney and stuffed two fresh figs with goat cheese that were delicious with the lamb burgers and dirty rice.






I opened a bottle of Vara 2020 Vino Tinto Tempranillo that we iced. The vino tinto is a heavier style of production of wine that went well with the heavy lamb flavor of the burger and the chicken livers in the dirty rice.





We watched Finding Your Roots and the news and some of the Olympics and went to bed at 9:15.


Today was another ruinous day for me in the stock market. My portfolio dropped another 2.435% today, aggregating a total drop from its recent high of 8.12% in a matter of days. Suzette says the market will rebound after the election and the economy picks up steam in the first quarter of 2025.  I hope she is right.


When we go on our trips in August and September I hope to stop obsessing about the stock market.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment