Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July 1, 2024 Lunch - Basil Leaf Dinner - Salami and Cheese sandwich and melted Cheese Sandwiches

 July 1, 2024 Lunch - Basil Leaf  Dinner - Salami and Cheese sandwich and melted Cheese Sandwiches

This was a busy day with one good meal.


At 8:30 I heated a pain au chocolate and ate it with a latte macchiato.


Then at 9:30 we drove to Rush Medical Centrr where Suzette was given an injection for pain in her back.


We then drove to Le Quiche, but it was closed, so I recommended Basil Leaf, also on Eubank.


It was busy but we were shown to a table immediately.  We shared a combination noodle and Suzette drank a Vietnamese coffee.  The noodle bowl was different, all the ingredients were segregated into different piles, including mung bean sprouts, rice vermicelli, pickled carrots and daikon, covered with several meats and two egg rolls. The meats included, grilled pork, shrimp, and spam. I ordered extra basil and cilantro and an extra ramekin of fish sauce. Suzette likes Vietnam 2000 better and now I do too. 





                                            I forgot to take a picture before I finished


After lunch we met Debbie at MVD Express and she transferred the title of Jeff’s car to Suzette. I paid for it as a birthday gift.


Suzette drove Debbie home and I drove to Total Wine where I bought two 12 packs of Carlsberg beer and two bottles of Berneroy XO.


I now have enough Calvados for another year.


I drove to the library to pick up our next book club book, We.


Then I drove home and worked for 3/4 of an hour, amending a lease.


I watched some TV and checked my portfolio. Thanks mainly to AAPL that rose more than $5.50 per share, I had a good day in the market with my portfolio increasing by 0.77%.


I am back to within 2.275% of my all time high.


We were not hungry but I ate a bag of popcorn and a salami and cheese sandwich around 6:00.


At 7:00 Willy came over and we watched the US v. Uruguay match in Copa America. The U.S. failed to score and was eliminated from The competition. A sad day for the US but deserved, because they could not finish off attacks with a goal. 


Then around 8:00. I sliced Port Salut, Manchego, and Jarlsberg. Suzette sliced slices from the sour dough boule from Le Quiche Bakery and buttered the outsides of two slices and sandwiched the cheese between the slices hand toasted the three sandwiches in a skillet until the outsides were browned and the cheese melted. The three cheese sandwiches were delicious.




Willy left and we went to bed.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment