Monday, July 15, 2024

July 15, 2024 Breakfast - Gravad Lax and bagel Lunch - Basil Leaf. Dinner - Leftover Pork Pad Thai

July 15, 2024 Breakfast - Gravad Lax and bagel  Lunch - Basil Leaf. Dinner - Leftover Pork Pad Thai 

Today I was rather busy. I started at 8:00 with an interview with prospective investors in Earn. Prior to 8:00 I quickly toasted two slices of bagel and spread them with cream cheese and garnished them with slices of thinly sliced onion and Gravad Lax and made a cup of chai.


Then around 10:00 the Appliance installers brought the new dishwasher awnd installed it. When they left at 10;50 I drove to Robert’s office on Wyoming. It is the first time I have visited it.  We drove to a Vietnamese restaurant near his office but it was closed, so I drove us to Basil Leaf on Eubank.  As we drove Robert mentioned that the sure way to determine if an Oriental restaurant is good is if you see Orientals eating there.  


When we arrived at the front door of Basil Leaf, a three generation Oriental family of six walked in ahead of us. I said, “Robert did you see?” after we sat down at our table


Robert said, “I saw.”


Robert is a vegetarian and ordered fried rice with vegetables.


I wanted to try some of Basil Leaf’s Thai food, so I ordered Pad Thai with pork.  I always start tasting Thai food by trying Pad Thai. If it is properly prepared the noodles are glutinous and slightly sweet, and they were today.




The portions are large so we each filled a take out box to stake home about 1/2 of our respective dishes.


After lunch Robert gave me a tour of his property that included his extensive car collection, workshops, office, and living quarters.


When I returned home at 2:15 I made a glass of Vietnamese iced coffee by mixing a shot of espresso and a heaping T. of condensed milk and filling the glass with ice and then checked the market and found that I made a small .002% gain due to Nvidia going negative $.80 for the day and Apple going up $3.86 per share.


A new client arrived at 2:45 and we worked until 5:00 on his case.


Then I discussed dinner with Suzette and we decided to split the leftover Pad Thai.  There was enough to satisfy each of our appetites.




We did not wish to watch the Republican Convention, so we watched the rest of The Leonard Cohen documentary, “Hallelujah “ and then the Kyoto and Iceland episodes of “Who is feeding Phil”, both of which were excellent. 


Each show includes Phil zooming with a comedian to ask them to tell a joke. The Kyoto call was with Sarah Silverman. Her joke was, “God is talking to Adam and says, “I can offer you something very special. It is a woman. She will cook and clean for, she will be lovely and want to have sex with you, and laugh at your bad jokes, and help you.”


Adam asks God, “How much will this woman cost?  


God says, “An arm and a leg.”


Adam says, what can I get for a rib?


The other joke was even funnier. A woman walks into a drug store and asks the druggist for a poison to kill her husband that will not be detectable. The druggist says, I can’t do that without a prescription.”


The lady takes a photo out of her purse showing the druggist’s wife having sex with her husband and shows it to the druggist, who says, “Excuse me, I didn’t know you had a prescription.”


During the Kyoto episode I made a cup of tea with good Chinese green tea and ate three oatmeal cookies with the tea for my own tea ceremony.


After Phil, we watched a terrific episode of Antiques Roadshow from Sacramento held at the Crocker Museum and went to bed at 10:00.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment