Thursday, August 1, 2024

August 1, 2024 Breakfast - pain au Chocolat and Granola. Lunch - Dirty Rice, Roasted Root Vegetables, and Mashed Potatoes. Dinner - Chicken liver Omelet with Asparagus and Brie cheese

August 1, 2024 Breakfast - pain au Chocolat and Granola. Lunch - Dirty Rice, Roasted Root Vegetables, and Mashed Potatoes. Dinner - Chicken liver Omelet with Asparagus and Brie cheese


I woke up at 3:00 a.m. to see the early Olympic competition and ate a pain au Chocolat with a cup of chai at 5:30 then I went back to sleep from 6:00 until 7:30.  At 8:30 I ate a bowl of granola with milk, yogurt, a sliced peach and a sliced fig from our garden.


At 11:00 I filed a probate in the County Probate Court and then visited Bill Turner until 1:15 when I returned home and heated a plate with dirty rice, mashed potatoes, and Roasted Vegetables.


After lunch I watched the US women basketball team beat Belgium and then downloaded 2023 Credit card statements to complete my taxes.


I cleaned a few pots and unloaded the dishwasher before Suzette arrived.


She accepted my suggestion for dinner of a chicken liver omelet and added Asparagus to the recipe. I chopped a shallot and three cloves of garlic and diced a handful of asparagus and fetched the sherry and Suzette cooked the asparagus, shallot, garlic, and chicken livers in one skillet and made a four egg omelet with melted Brie cheese in another skillet. 


I had chilled a bottle of Gruner Vitliner and poured glasses as Suzette divided the omelet in half and plated each half on a plate and poured the sautéed chicken liver mixture over the omelet.


The omelet was very filling and neither of us could finish our portion, so we will save it for breakfast tomorrow.


After dinner I lay down with a glass of cognac and blogged and read the Mapmaker’s Wife until zsuzette called me to help make the strawberry and banana flambé dish with vanilla ice cream for dessert.


The market jerked downward again today and I lost about half of what I gained yesterday.


The big news is the US. was successful in obtaining the release of five Americans and three Russian activists held in Russian jails for the release of a similar number of  Russian criminals held by Western countries.

 

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment