Thursday, July 18, 2024

July 17, 2024 Breakfast - Pain au chocolate and latte. Lunch - chicken sandwiches. Dinner - Grilled T-bone, Steamed Broccoli with Mornay sauce, and Baked Potato

July 17, 2024 Breakfast - Pain au chocolate and latte. Lunch - chicken sandwiches. Dinner - Grilled T-bone, Steamed Broccoli with Mornay sauce, and Baked Potato


I awakened at 8:00 and discovered that Willy and Suzette had roto-tilled two raised beds.


I watched the end of Stage 17 of the Tour which was won by Richard Carapaz, an Ecuadorean.


I ate two Pain au chocolate with a latte during the stage.


Then I walked to the bank to withdraw some money for the roofers and then worked on amending a non-profit corporation and responded to several emails.


At noon I toasted two slices of Le Quiche French sourdough bread. I spread mayonnaise on each and lay slices of tomato, chicken breast, mustard, Manchego cheese, and lettuce leaves on each slice and ate them open faced with old Italian white wine with ice to hide its lack of quality..




I had the worst day in years in the market with the NASDAQ dropping over 350 points. It looks like a correction is happening. My portfolio dropped 3.3% today.


I read my book club book in the afternoon.


Suzette came home at 4:00 and I rested until 4:30.


At 4:50 I meditated and then started to prepare tabouli. I diced four tomatoes, two bunches of parsley, and two bunches of green onion.


We then fixed dinner.  I put seven russet potatoes into the oven to bake. Then about 45 minutes later Suzette took over and steamed a head of broccoli and rejuvenated the PPI Mornay Sauce and grilled the T-bone steak.


After the steak came off the grill I went to the cellar and fetched a 2017 Trader Joe’s California Pinot Noir and poured glasses of wine. It turned out to be a surprisingly good pinot as it opened up after about 1/2 hour.


Suzette went to the garden and cut a handful of chives and diced them finely. Then she plated each plate with a baked potato stuffed with butter and sour cream and sprinkled with diced chives. I sliced the steak and we each the remaining part of our plate with steak.




We watched the Republican Convention for a few minutes and then two episodes of “who is feeding Phil”. We took notes during the Madrid episode and Suzette booked reservations at one of the restaurants, Despiece.


Suzette went to bed at 9:30 and I stayed up to finish the tabouli and read and went to bed at 11:00.




Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment