Thursday, July 18, 2024

July 18, 2024 Breakfast - Granola, blueberries, milk, and yogurt. Snack - Tabouli. Lunch - hot dog at Costco Dinner - Opening Appetizers and La Mama

July 18, 2024 Breakfast - Granola, blueberries, milk, and yogurt. Snack - Tabouli. Lunch - hot dog at Costco Dinner - Opening Appetizers and La Mama


I awakened at 7:00 and watched the market for a few minutes and then Stage 17 of the tour as I ate a bowl of granola, with milk, yogurt, and blueberries.


 I picked a handful of mint and destemmed the leaves and chopped them and added them and juice of another 1/2 lemon to the tabouli.  



There was a large breakaway that the Peleton did not chase which allowed three riders to break away from the breakaway and put about a minute gap on the breakaway and survive to the end of the stage. A Belgium rider won the mini sprit to win the stage. He was noticeably moved by emotion of having won a stage.  It was a rare event in the Tour that only happened when the GC teams are not competing against each other for time and let the lesser teams send riders out to try to win a stage.


After the Stage I showered and dressed and ate a few bites if tabouli that was tasting really good and at 11:45 I drove the BMW to Rio Rancho for a hearing doctor appointment. Then at 1:00 I drove to Costco for a hot dog for lunch. At 2:40 I drove to my podiatry appointment. There is not much medicine can do for age related hearing loss except recommend hearing aids, so sooner or later I will join the masses of other senior citizens at Costco.


After my podiatry I stopped for a gallon of milk at Lowe’s and arrived at home at 4:00.


We left for Santa Fe for the Transcendental female painter exhibit opening at Addison Rowe Gallery at 229 Marcy at 4:30 and arrived at 5:30. There were lovely appetizers and rose wine served and the best chocolate chip cookie I have had in a long time. All the art seemed awfully expensive.  When we left the gallery we were comfortably stuffed but noticed La Mama next door at 225 Marcy and walked over to it. It is a natural wine, comestibles, and restaurant.  I noticed that it was oyster night so we took a table on a cool airy patio at the rear of the restaurant and ordered two East Coast Shuck Me oysters and two West Coast oysters from B.C. and a glass of sparkling rose.


The oysters were terrific but the rose was lacking both sparkle and had a heavy overproduced flavor.


We drove home, arriving at 8:00. I read and slept and Suzette watched TV until 9:30 when Suzette went to bed and I blogged and read.


The reason for this monotonous detail is because it resulted in 3700 recorded steps, which is kind of a record for an average day’s level of activity.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment