Monday, July 8, 2024

July 8, 2024 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolat and Latte Macchiato Lunch - Chili Relleno plate at La Cocina. Dinner - Grilled T-bone Steak and Potato slices with Sautéed Mushrooms and Steamed Broccoli with Cream Sauce

July 8, 2024 Breakfast - Pain au Chocolat and Latte Macchiato  Lunch - Chili Relleno plate at La Cocina. Dinner - Grilled T-bone Steak and Potato slices with Sautéed Mushrooms and Steamed Broccoli with Cream Sauce


I woke up again around 7:00 and watched the pre-market Squawk on the Street long enough to see this was going to be a positive day for the NASDAQ and then showered and dressed. After Suzette left at 7:45 I made a latte macchiato and heated a pain au chocolate and went to my desk to eat and work and read some of the 700 messages in my inbox.


At 11:00 I drove to El Super to shop to refill the larder. I bought a pound of large  heads off shrimp, smoked pork chops, requeson, blue corn tortillas, and sour cream for enchiladas, broccoli, green beans, snow peas, romaine lettuce, parsley, vine ripened tomatoes, cucumbers, and green onions and lemons l for tabouli, limes, Granny Smith apples, radishes, iced oatmeal and chocolate wafer cookies, yogurt, celery, potatoes, a red onion, yellow onions, and freshly squeezed orange juice,


Shortly after noon I became hungry, so I rolled the cart to the in-store restaurant area within the store, La Cocina, and bought a Chile Relleno plate with a single chili Relleno, double refried beans sprinkled with shredded cheese, and two heated flour tortillas and lettuce and a Mexican 1/2 liter bottle of Coca Cola.  I added chopped cilantro and onion at the condiment cart to the beans. I then made a chili Relleno burrito by cutting the chili Relleno in half lengthwise and adding 1/3 of the refried beans and lettuce and rolling the ingredients in the tortilla to make a burrito that I ate with sips of coke to sustain my energy. I then made another chili Relleno burrito to take home. I never lost energy today and walked about 2500 steps. 


When I returned home at 1:00 after I unloaded and drank a glass of yogurt milk, I talked to Aaron for a while and then checked my portfolio. I was pleased that Apple had gone positive and Nvidia and Arm held about 1/2 of their early gain for a pleasant .7% gain. Today the S and P, the NASDAQ, and my portfolio all reached all time highs.


At 3:30 I lay down to rest but was called by Mohan and talked to him for and hour.  At 5:30 I returned to the TV room and was happy to hear Suzette’s report that she had a good and pain-and refried bean free day.  She even bought me a book of stamps when she went the post office.


Before she left this morning Suzette fetched and thawed a T-bone steak.


At 6:00 we decided on a dinner menu of grilled T-bone steak, grilled potato slices served with sour cream and fresh sliced chives from our garden, sautéed mushroom slices and minced shallot flavored with amontillado sherry and thyme from our garden. Suzette wanted to make steamed broccoli served with a cheddar cheese cream (mornay) sauce.  Willy arrived at 6:45 with a fancy bottle of Spanish vermouth he bought at Total Wine, just as I was slicing the steak and joined us for dinner. I opened a bottle of 2021 Embroidery California Pinot Noir ($ 9.99 at Costco).


Suzette plated the plates with slices of grilled potato each garnished with a dab of sour cream and sprinkle of chives, a small pile of broccoli garnished with her delicious cheddar cheese mornay sauce that tasted almost like Welsh Rarebit, I added slices of steak to each plate and each of us served ourselves sautéed mushrooms.




Willy drank a glass of his new vermouth and then joined us for a glass of Pinot


This is a dinner we make a lot, that is easy to prepare because Suzette and I share the cooking responsibilities. It is always delicious and can even be great with a really good bottle of wine.


Later I ate a slice of key lime pie with a glass of cognac mixed with Grande Marnier.



Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I sliced and put the two daikon in the bottle of pickled ginger to pickle and then blogged and called India about dematerialization of shares and then went to bed at 11:30.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment