Saturday, June 8, 2024

June 8, 2024 Lunch - Tabouli Salad. Dinner - BLT Sandwiches


 I got up and ate a toasted bagel spread with cream cheese and garnished with slices of red onion and the whitefish we bought in Detroit for breakfast.


At 8:30 there was a short news conference by Biden and Macron.


After that I went to the garden and picked lettuce and cherry tomatoes.



Later in the afternoon I watched Colombia beat the US men 5 to 1.


I ate a tabouli salad with Suzette who brought home a grape Suzette salad.


At 4:00 I pitted four lb.s of cherries for maraschino cherries.


We made BLT sandwiches for dinner with the good rye bread and tomatoes we bought in Detroit and the fresh lettuce I picked today..




After dinner made the curing liquid for the cherries and bottled some cherries. Here is the recipe.


In the evening we watched game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals that Florida won.


I went to bed at 9:00 and Suzette followed shortly thereafter when she finished filling the bottles.


It was a leisurely day for me and Suzette rested when she returned.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment