Sunday, June 23, 2024

June 23, 2024 Snack - Coffee and Pain au Chocolate, Brunch - Pate Soufflé and Champagne . Dinner - Grilled T-bone steak with sauté of Mushrooms, green beans, red bell pepper, and shallots and country fries with onions.

June 23, 2024 Snack - Coffee and Pain au Chocolate, Brunch - Pate Soufflé and Champagne . Dinner - Grilled T-bone steak with sauté of Mushrooms, green beans, red bell pepper, and shallots and country fries with onions.


I awoke at 7:30. At 8:00 I made a latte and heated two pain au chocolates.


I knew I would need to help Suzette in the yard. At 9:00 I joined her in the yard and pulled weeds for 45 minutes until it started raining and we came back into the house.


At 11:00 Suzette replicated the amazing appetizers we at in a bistro in Montmartre. An egg whisked with a spoonful of heavy cream and baked with a slice of foie gras. The result is a mini-souffle topped with a slice of foie gras.








We toasted and buttered slices of bread and opened a bottle of Gruet Savage rose.  It was a delightful and tasty brunch.



Afterwards we discussed dinner and grilled steak with country fries and mushrooms sautéed with green beans. I thawed a T-bone steak at 2:00.


I was not hungry after that until Willy arrived at 4:00 for the Copa America match between the U.S. and Bolivia.  We made a snack of salami and smoked Gouda with cumin on a toasted and spread slice of baguette.


When the match ended with the U.S. the Victor Willy went to the gym and I read my book until 7:00 when Professor T came on and I returned to the TVRoom and started dinner. I minced 1/2 shallot, snapped green beans, and sliced five portobello mushrooms for the sautéed mushrooms and sliced two previously baked potatoes.


At 7:30 Suzette started sautéing potatoes and mushrooms and I chilled a bottle of Kirkland Malbec.


When Willy arrived a little after 8:00 Suzette grilled the steak and Willy opened the Malbec.


Everything was ready when Suzette brought the steak in from the grill.


She plated our plates with potatoes and onions and the sautéed mushrooms and green beans and I put strips of steak on each plate and we poured Malbec and ate a good dinner.




After dinner we watched Fareed Zacharia’s The Mess with Mexico special and at 10:00 Willy said goodnight and Suzette went to bed and I ate a slice of passion fruit flavored white cake with a cup of tea and blogged.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment