Thursday, June 6, 2024

June 6, 2024 Lunch - Pita Sandwiches. Dinner - Grilled NY Strip with tabouli, corn on the Cobb, and sautéed Mushrooms, scapes, and Shishito peppers

June 6, 2024 Lunch - Pita Sandwiches. Dinner - Grilled NY Strip with tabouli, corn on the Cobb, and sautéed Mushrooms, scapes, and Shishito peppers


I had an interesting day.  I watched the ceremonies at the American Cemetery at the Normandy beaches. Biden gave a moving speech and there was an amazing interview between Zelensky and a U.S. veteran. The veteran sad, “You are a hero.”


Zelensky replied, “No, you are the hero.”


The veteran replied, “I thank you.”


It was a great ceremony and a great speech by Biden. I drank a latte Macchiato and a pain au chocolate. 


At 8:30 I sold enough shares to fund the second draw of the loan to Earn- DLT and later signed the forms to wire the cash to my IRA and to fund the second draw.


I spent several hours registering my new credit card with several billing systems, such as AOL and HP and discussed my bill with Comcast.


Then 1:45 I made a pita sandwich with some tzatziki, labni, a slice of Turkey breast, and feta cheese. I added several dolmas and black olives.


After lunch I checked my portfolio and it was down about 0.005%.


Later a reviewed a contract and the at 4:00 I lay down to watch Ari and dozed until Suzette arrived at 5:30.


We rested until 6:30 when I started making tabouli with 10 oz. of Bulgar, three bunches of green onions, four Roma tomatoes, a cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced, three bunches of parsley. Suzette squeezed three lemons and poured 1 cup of Spanish olive oil and a T. of salt.


Suzette then boiled two ears of corn and grilled a NYStrip steak.





The dinner deserved a good wine so I went to the cellar and fetched a 2024 Sangiacamo Pinot Noir. The wine was delicious and got better as we drank it.


Suzette also sautéed mushrooms and shishito peppers she bought at Talin yesterday.


After dinner I watched Texas lose to Oklahoma in the NCAA women’s softball and Dallas lost to Boston in game 1 of the NBA finals.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I at midnight with a cup of tea, a sip of cognac, and a chocolate cookie.


It was a good day and tomorrow will be better as Biden goes to Pointe du Hoc to deliver another speech.


Bon Appetit 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment