Wednesday, June 19, 2024

June 19, 2024 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel Lunch - Chili Relleno and Beans Dinner - Sautéed Rib Eye Steak with Black Beans and Guacamole

 June 19, 2024 Breakfast - Lax and Bagel  Lunch - Chili Relleno and Beans  Dinner - Sautéed Rib Eye Steak with Black Beans and Guacamole

At 9:00 I fetched the Gravad lax from the fridge and washed and dried it.


We cut each filet in half and wrapped each in Saran and placed three half filets in a freezer bag.  I sliced slices from the fourth filet and lay slices on toasted bagel slices that had been spread with cream cheese and garnished with red onion slices. I drank a latte macchiato.with my two slices. 


At 10:00 we drove Willy’s apartment and met Henry who was going to fix the shower.  Then Suzette drove me home.


Then I watched EUFA soccer.  Missed the first two matches but watched Switzerland tie Scotland 1 to 1 in the night game at 1:00 during which I ate my re-heated chili Relleno and beans and sopapillas.


I dozed some during the match but awakened at 3:00 to eat the re-heated sopapilla. And thawed a rib eye steak.


I worked at my desk until 4:00 when I watched Ari.


Suzette came home at 4:30 and reminded me of meditation at 4:50.


After meditation we made dinner. I chopped yellow onion, garlic, and red bell pepper for Suzette sautéed black beans for Suzette’s to which she added oregano.


I also made guacamole salad with three avocados, onion, garlic, salt, juice of a lime, and cilantro from our garden.


I also toasted blue corn tortillas quarters 


Suzette sautéed the steak with sliced mushrooms and minced shallot, I prepped.the vegetables.


When the steak was cooked suzette plated our lates with a pile of black beans, then we piled slices of steak and mushrooms on the beans and ate a pile of guacamole on the side.  This was a very Mexican style dinner.





We opened a bottle of Ménage a Trois red blend brought to the neighborhood party at our house in May.  It was pleasant and delicious with the meal.





Bon Appetit.







No comments:

Post a Comment