Wednesday, June 12, 2024

June 12, 2024 Breakfast - a Pan au Chocolat Lunch - a Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Orecchiette Pasta with a chicken, mushroom, and shallot cream sauce

June 12, 2024 Breakfast - a Pan au Chocolat  Lunch - a Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Orecchiette Pasta with a chicken, mushroom, and shallot cream sauce 

I got up at 6:00 and watched the business news until the CPI report came out. Unemployment was steady and prices were down and the market took off. The NASDAQ shot up from plus 30 in the pre-market to up 274 and stayed all day, closing up 264 although the Dow went slightly negative by 35 points by the close. Both Apple and Nvidia were up, so another stellar day for my portfolio, rising another 2%.


At 8:30 Suzette and I walked around the block and then to the bank 


At noon I drove to Costco and shopped. I bought duck halves, octopus, asparagus, mushrooms, pain au chocolates, three more bottles of Kirkland Chianti Riserva ($7.99), two bottles of Kirkland Marlborough, New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc($7.49?), and another bottle of 2020 Smith Haut Lafitte ($31.99).


After I checked out I bought and ate a hot dog.





Then I drove to Shahin’s and worked with him for two hours.


I drove home at 4:00 and watched the news until 4:50 when I meditated for thirty minutes.


I then watched the U.S v. Brazil friendly in which the US. tied Brazil for the first time, so a real boost for the US team’s morale.


We then cooked dinner. I chopped five cloves of garlic, a large shallot, and sliced six mushrooms and cubed a chicken breast. Suzette boiled orecchiette pasta and made a sauce for it by sautéing the shallot, garlic, and mushrooms and chicken and then adding chopped fresh thyme and ground dried basil with a beurre marie to thicken the sauce and after the sauce reduced and thickened a little, served the sauce over a pile of pasta.p garnished with several slices of of slightly salty Pecorino-Romano cheese.



We opened a bottle of Gruner Vitliner that balanced the rich super flavorful

I then turned it to the NBA and watched Dallas lose a third game to Boston, which almost surely assures Boston the NBA ChampIonship this year.


We then watched the history of deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphs, a really interesting program.


I ate a bowl of cherry chocolate ice cream with five of Suzette’s homemade maraschino cherries and a collar of whipped cream.



With a walk in the morning and a walk around Costco, I walked a total of 5242 steps today.


Suzette went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up to blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment