Saturday, October 8, 2022

 October 8, 2022 Lunch - PPI Duck Soup. Dinner - Chicken Tikka Marsala, Saag Paneer, and Naan


This was a wonderful day of celebration because both my colleges’ football teams won.


I ate granola, milk and blueberries for breakfast.


Starting at 10:00 I watched TCU beat Kansas 38 to 31 and, amazingly, Texas beat Oklahoma 49 to 0.  Both will. I felt joy, especially for TCU which has not been ranked for several years.


At 1:30 I added a sliced green onion, lime juice, and cilantro to the duck soup left from yesterday’s lunch and drank a cup of green tea with lime juice with it.



After lunch I rested and read and watched Oklahoma State narrowly defeat Texas Texas.


At 5:30 I communicated with Willy and came up with a plan for Dinner.


He would pick up Indian take out and bring it to my house for dinner.  I then walked around the block.


When I returned home I felt god so went outside and cut two lovely roses from the patio rose bush.


We talked again around 6:30 and decided on saag paneer, chicken tikka masala and naan.


Willy arrived at 7:45 with dinner.


I made a cup of chai and he drank a Pellegrino with dinner.


I thought the paneer was the best I had ever tasted because it had a creamy, melt in your mouth flavor.


The saag was a little spicy but I still added a little Major Grey’s Mango chutney and Mixed Pickle.


We watched A & M v. Alabama until 9:00 when Willy left to meet friends.


I watched Death in Paradise and then went to bed to read and blog.


Traditionally there is only one game that determines a successful season for Texas football and that is when Texas beats Oklahoma and that happened convincingly today, plus TCU stayed undefeated.


Next week will be the real test for TCU’s season, when it plays Oklahoma State that is ranked No. 7 nationally this week.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment