Wednesday, October 19, 2022

October 18, 2022 lunch - 2 sandwiches. Dinner - Greenhouse Bistro Chicken Taco and Gordita

October 18, 2022 lunch - 2 sandwiches. Dinner - Greenhouse Bistro Chicken Taco and Gordita


Finally a day with some legal and medical activity.


I paid three oil and gas property tax bills and then at 11:00 went to Waterbank to review a water rights sale package.  I had a long discussion with Matt about releases and discovered the most interesting fact of the day; Matt owns an interest in a winery in San Luis Obispo. It is buying a bottling line and produces 3200 cases of wine a year, so it is a real winery, not a play winery.  Amazing.


At 1:00 I drove home and made two sandwiches on toasted slices of baguette, one with ham slices and the other with salami.  Both slices were spread with basil mayonnaise and added slices of tomato and onion before adding the charcuterie.  



They were delicious and quick so I was able to make my 2:00 appointment at Manzano Rehab Center thanks to free valet parking.


My appointment lasted until 3:30 because the staff had to order the X-ray reports from Pres.  I then drove to Lowe’s to buy a package of tofu, but passed when I saw they cost $5.00. Lowe’s has become inflation central.  It does not seem to hold down prices the way Smith’s does through private labels and volume buying.


I returned home a few minutes before 5:00.


I was hungry so ate a few handfuls of pita chips.


Suzette arrived around 6:30 from her grand opening of the newly repaired driveway celebration with music, where they grilled and served chicken Gorditas and pork tacos in the new driveway to the clients and employees and guests.  Suzette’s activity education and experience has taught her how to make almost anything into an activity.


I enjoyed the meat laden taco and Gordita with a gin and tonic.


We then watched Finding Your Roots and the current and then the last episode of La Brea,which to me is becoming more like a sit com with the addition of new plot lines and jumping from one plot to another constantly.


We went to bed at 10:00 and I slept until 1:00 when I drank a cup of hot chocolate to sooth my sore throat and blogged this blog.


If a bed time cup of hot chocolate is good enough for the Queen, it should be good for me. 


Bon Appetit










No comments:

Post a Comment