Friday, October 14, 2022

October 14, 2022 Lunch - Lime Restaurant. Dinner - Dungeness Crab, tomato slices, steamed asparagus, and toast with a crab Louis Dressing

October 14, 2022 Lunch - Lime Restaurant. Dinner - Dungeness Crab, tomato slices, steamed asparagus, and toast with a crab Louis Dressing


I awakened at 7:30 and watched the news until 8:00.  I then showered and dressed and made a simple but delicious breakfast of warm toasted and buttered French baguette slices spread with Marian berry jam and slices of Iberico cheese with a cup of chai.


I then separated and wrapped the 5 lb. Of ground beef into a 1 lb. Loaf, a 1 1/2 lb. Loaf and six hamburger Patties that I took to the freezer in the garage.


I then worked until 12:00 and then drove to Lime at the corner of Montgomery and Eubank to meet Aaron for lunch. Lime is a Vietnamese restaurant in the location of a prior Vietnamese restaurant, if I recall correctly.  A quick review of the menu made it apparent that the restaurant specialty was roast pork, so I chose a roast pork and dumpling soup with rice noodles.  Aaron ordered grilled salted shrimp on stir fried noodles and a shredded green papaya and shrimp salad garnished with fried shallot threads dressed in a lime and vinegar dressing.





I asked for and was served basil besides the mung bean sprouts, wedge of lime, slices of jalapeño, and cilantro that came with the soup.


I liked Lime and will go back.


I drank water and Aaron drank iced tea.


After lunch I drove to Costco on Eubank and filled the Prius tank.  Then at 2:00 I drove to Smiths and bought a container of yogurt to make raita for dinner tomorrow evening.


It was 3:00 and I could not reach Shahin by phone, so I drove to his office and met him as he was going out the door and he was kind enough to turn around and we returned to his office and spent 3 hours completing my taxes.


I finally returned home at 6:45.


Suzette had already peeled and cubed the pumpkin for tomorrow night’s curry and had started boiling the 10 chicken thighs I bought yesterday.


Suzette had also plated the Four cleaned Dungeness Crab halves.


We decided to drink champagne and steam asparagus and slice a garden raised tomato.


I made my usual Crab Louis cocktail dressing by soaking a minced shallot in juice of 1/2 lemon and the adding catsup, horseradish and mayonnaise.






Soon we had a pan elegant dinner.  We decided to eat the claws and pick the interior lump meat. This produced a delicious dinner and about 1 1/2 cups of lump meat for a soufflé or soup.


Suzette then served slices of the cheese cake she made with the last glass of champagne topped with two lovely raspberries. 






We then picked the ten boiled chicken thighs and then went to bed.


I have been sleeping until 10:30 or 11:00 and then taking my pills and brushing my teeth because I am tired in the evenings when I have not had a nap in the afternoon.


Bon Appetit 

No comments:

Post a Comment