Wednesday, October 12, 2022

October 12, 2022 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Hamburger steak with green chili and mushroom sauce, steamed snow peas, and sliced tomatoes with basil mayonnaise

October 22, 2022 Lunch - Costco Hot Dog. Dinner - Hamburger steak with green chili and mushroom sauce, steamed snow peas, and sliced tomatoes with basil mayonnaise 


I ate some leftover Beef Stroganoff over rice for breakfast.  Then we left for errands.  Suzette wanted to buy mums.  We drove first to Albuquerque Water Gardens,which did not have any at a reasonable price.


We then drove to Osuna Nursery, where Suzette found some nice ones at a good price and bought six.


We then drove to Costco arriving at about noon.  We were hungry so we ate hot dogs first. I love their hot dogs and for $1.50 with a drink , must be the best food value in town.



We shopped for over an hour, buying ground beef, brie cheese, goat cheese, two bottles of Kirkland Cotes Du Rhone, two bottles of St. Emillon, a bottle of scotch, a bottle of ji,pm Bean whiskey, cream cheese, graham crackers, vermicelli, shaped macaroni, diced tomatoes, Belgium chocolates, Halloween candy, baguettes, butter, and fresh Dungeness crab.


We arrived home at 2:00 and after unpacking I napped until 4:30, while Suzette made a cheese cake.


From 5:00 until 5:30 I meditated and by 6:00 Suzette had prepared dinner.


She sautéed hamburger steaks, made a green chili and mushroom sauce to cover it, steamed snow peas, and made a base for the hamburger of slices of one of the tomatoes we raised in the garden dressed with fresh basil mayonnaise.  This was a great dinner.




The tomato slices were the most flavorful I have tasted this year and I loved the mayonnaise on them and the green chili/mushroom sauce on the hamburger.


I opened the bottle of Decoy Napa Merlotthat Cliff and Nancy gave us.


Merlot is the main grape in St. Emillon.


After dinner walked and when we returned I drank a cup of hot chocolate and ate two chocolate chip cookies.


Suzette went to bed at 9:00 and I watched the archeological excavations at Althorp in England on PBS.


I blogged at 10:30 and read a few minutes before going to bed around 11:30.


I hope I am building strength as I increase my walking a bit.


I did not have as much pain in my joints, so think the expertise may be helping.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment