Thursday, October 20, 2022

October 20, 2022 Lunch - Leftover Duck Soup. Dinner - Baked Delicata Squash stuffed with mushrooms, Pasilla chili, sausage, and shallot with a baked apple and steamed Broccoli with a cheese sauce

October 20, 2022 Lunch - Leftover Duck Soup. Dinner - Baked Delicata Squash stuffed with mushrooms, Pasilla chili, sausage, and shallot with a baked apple and steamed Broccoli with a cheese sauce


I awakened at 7:30 and watched the news until 8:00. We then called Luke and wished him a happy birthday.  Suzette sent him an assortment of bread and pastry from his favorite bakery in Woodstock and I sent him $100.00.


Suzette left at 9:00 for work and I worked at my desk until 9:00 when I received a call from a location scout named Neem.  I got dressed and at 10:30 made a small breakfast of a toasted whole wheat dinner roll spread with peanut butter and honey and a cup of Earl Grey tea.





Neem arrived at 11:00 and spent an hour photographing the property inside and front and back.  I was happy we had painted the house and replaced the dining room windows.


At 2:00 I checked the market which was down for the day but up over the last two days.  If it stays up tomorrow it will be the first up week in quite a while. I then ate the last of the leftover duck soup from yesterday’s lunch at 2000 Vietnam.


I then watched TV and napped until 4:15 when I watched Ari Melber until 5:00.


Then Suzette and I took a walk around the short circle.


When we returned at 6:00 we prepared dinner.  The menu was stuffed baked delicata squash with steamed broccoli and a PPI baked apple all of which were garnished with the PPI cheese sauce we made last night.


I chopped 1/3 Pasilla chili, 1/2 shallot, and two large mushrooms for the stuffing to which Suzette added Jimmie Dean sausage and sautéed the four ingredients and then stuffed the two seeded halves of the delicata squash.


Suzette fetched a bottle of Sagnol rose (Trader Joe’s $7.99) from the garage and we ate a lovely light dinner.



After dinner at 7:00 we watched the local PBS production of The Artists of Taos that started in 1898 with Blumenschein and Phillips and went through the 30’s.


Suzette wanted to make an Italian meal for the Bistro for November and so we watched the Stanley Tucci Umbria Discovering Italy episode where they make a spaghetti sauce with green olives and combined with ground boar roasted with herbs and and a wide pasta. 


Suzette made whipped cream and served the last of the chocolate pudding I made last Saturday topped with whipped cream and fresh raspberries.





At 9:00 we watched the last 30 minutes of Midsomer Mystery and went to bed at 9:30.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment