Wednesday, October 26, 2022

October 26, 2022 Lunch - BLT Sandwich. Dinner - Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Steamed Asparagus

October 26, 2022 Lunch - BLT Sandwich. Dinner - Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Steamed Asparagus 


Today I ate granola with milk and yogurt and raspberries for breakfast.


Suzette said she wanted a BLT Sandwich for lunch so I thawed out a package of bacon.


Then I drove to my 11:15 podiatry appointment. I am happy to state that my feet are happy.


I then drove to Smith’s and shopped. I bought shallots, a bok Choy, two salmon filets for Gravad lax, chewy chocolate chip cookies, milk, vanilla ice cream, and two cheeses.  One was the French Arum that is a blue cheese and the other is a smoked Gouda with cumin seeds.  The arum was on sale for $1.99 but I paid the full price of $19.99/lb. for the cumin Gouda and on top of that the cheese lady told me the Gouda was a special item that would not continued to be stocked. A tough fact to swallow but I will enjoy my cheese while I can.


I drove home around 1:30 and zsuzette made us BLT sandwiches.


I drank Crayon rose with my sandwich.



I then watched the market close and then lay down to read and rest until 5:00 when I meditated.


Before meditation we decided to bake the five chicken leg quarters bought at El Super for $.89/lb.  I asked Suzette to lay the chicken on rosemary and bake cubed potatoes with the chicken to absorb the chicken fat flavor.




When I finished meditation suzette steamed about 10 asparagus  and served them with the chicken.


I drank French Crayon rose and Suzette drank the last glass of Vara Viura with dinner.



We enjoyed this comfort food dinner immensely.


After dinner we drank a glass of our homemade limoncello for dessert.


We enjoyed watching a PBS documentary of Winter in Canada’s wild North.


We went to bed by 9:15.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment