Tuesday, October 11, 2022

October 11, 2022 Brunch - A Sautéed brat, two eggs, and three slices of French Baguette. Dinner - Pork Stir fry with Roasted Pork, eggplant, zucchini, and Pasilla chili and rice.

October 11, 2022 Brunch -  A Sautéed brat, two eggs, and three slices of French Baguette. Dinner - Pork Stir fry with Roasted Pork, eggplant, zucchini, and Pasilla chili and rice.


Another two meal day.


I got up at 7:15 and watched the news until 8:00 while I drank a cup of chai.  Then I showered and dressed and walked to the bank and deposited a check.


On the way to the bank I noticed the lovely shell sculpture Suzettemade that she named “March of the Cowries”.


I


I returned home around 11:45 hungry.  I decided to cook the last lonely brat with two eggs over easy with three slices of Toasted and buttered French Baguette spread with Cloudberry jam and garnished with Jarlsberg cheese and slices of charcuterie salami and ham and drank another cup of chai.



I then created the documents to meet the new requirements for a succession plan for my law practice.


After I finished it at 4:00 I lay down but Fernando came to pick up a check and after I paid him for installing new windows at the apartment at 524 Romero, we talked about Westland history and real estate investing for over an hour until we’ll after Suzette arrived.


At 6:30 when Fernando left, we started dinner.  We decided to make a pork stir fry with zucchini, onion, and eggplant and rice.  We started by making a cup of rice with some dried water lilies. Two cups off water, a few water lilies, a tsp. of Knorr dehydrated chicken stock and when the water boiled zsuzette added a cup of rice and reduced the heat to the lowest setting and simmered the rice for. 30 minutes.


I diced a zucchini and an eggplant I had peeled the skin off.  I also diced 1/2 onion and two cloves of garlic and a small Pasilla chili.  Suzette brought a steaming pot of water to which I added three dried shiitake mushrooms and 1 1/2 T. off dried black wood ear to soak to rehydrate.


I then diced about a lb. of roasted pork and added the rehydrated wood ear strips and destemmed the stalk on the mushrooms and sliced them into slices.


Willy arrived at about 7:00.

Suzette started by stir frying the diced onion, Pasilla chili, and garlic.


After those ingredients cooked for a few Minutes Suzette added the zucchini and eggplant. Then in a few more minutes as the ingredients cooked, she added the pork, wood ear, and shiitake mushroom threads.


 I then made a seasoning sauce by adding 1 T. of soy, 1 1/2 T. of Chinese Cooking Wine, 1 T. of corn starch, and a Tsp. of sesame oil into a cup of the rehydration liquid.


I added the seasoning sauce to the wok of ingredients.  After a couple of minutes more of cooking, the sauce thickened and I added another 1/4 cup of liquid.


We covered the wok and let it cook and steam for a couple of minutes more until it began to thicken again and then we served it spooned over a pile of rice.


We drank a Cotes du Provence rose with dinner that was light and pleasant.  This was the recipe for MaPo Dofu without the tofu/Dofu.  I found it to be pleasant even lacking the tofu.


Willy left around 8:00 after dinner during which we had a lively discussion about processed foods and different types of oils.  Willy said coke pressed oils such as avocado and olive are healthier than heated and chemically treated oils such as rape seed and sunflower oils.


We went to bed at around 8:30.


I stayed up to blog and read.


Bon Appetit 


No comments:

Post a Comment