Thursday, October 6, 2022

October 6, 2022 Lunch - Salami and Ham and cheese Sandwiches. Dinner - Fried pork rice with Snow peas, onion, and Broccoli


Today I tried to make it with two meals but I did not quite make it, perhaps because I had a very light dinner last night.


At 11:30 I started to weaken and I drank a mug of hot chocolate with a fig Newton.


Then at 12:30 I made two open faced sandwiches on toasted French baguette spread with basil mayonnaise with slices OSU salami on one and cured ham on the other and Slices of Jarlsberg cheese on both.  I heated the sandwiched for 30 seconds to melt the cheese and crisp the ham.



I drank a chai with the meal.


Later Karim came over and we spent several hours copying exhibits.  Then we drove to the courthouse To hand deliver our exhibits to the judge and then drove to the defendants’ houses to deliver their copies of the exhorts.  I made it home a few minutes after 6:00.


I first quartered 5 or 6 blue corn tortillas and baked them on a cookie sheet in a 375 degree oven for about twenty minutes.


I then made guacamole with the two large avocados bought at El Super, plus minced white onion, juice of one lime, a large clove of garlic pressed, salt, Cholula hot sauce, and chopped fresh cilantro.


Willy arrived at 6:45 and was pleasantly surprised to see fresh guacamole.  He took the toasted tortilla chips out of the oven and s nibbled guacamole while we prepared dinner.


Dinner was straightforward, fried rice with pork, onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, snow peas de-stemmed and cut in half, green peas, two fried egg chopped into pieces, cooked in sesame and peanut oil and seasoned with Soy, a bit of rice vinegar, and Chinese cooking rice wine.


Willy cooked it and did a really good job.





I opened a bottle and poured glasses of Trapiche Malbec.


After dinner Willy made tea anf I drank another glass of Malbec with two or three Belgium chocolates.


We watched an episode of Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations from Austin.  The show featured some of the best BBQ in the world. Franklin and Mueller were featured.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment