Friday, October 7, 2022

October 7, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam Dinner - Lamb, tomato, carrot, onion, Quince Chutney, and parsley couscous.

October 7, 2022 Lunch - 2000 Vietnam  Dinner - Lamb, tomato, carrot, onion, Quince Chutney, and parsley couscous.


I did not eat breakfast today.  I met Robert for lunch at 2000 Vietnam. Robert is a vegetarian and he ordered tomato flavored rice wIth stir fried vegetables and tofu.  It was 60 degrees so I ordered rice noodle soup with a roasted duck leg.  We talked about law stuff which is always interesting.






After lunch I drove home and drafted and filed a document and then drove to the bank at 4:45.


I talked to Suzette a couple of times and Luke also.


Willy came by to check on me and I talked to him about dinner tomorrow evening.


I watched some news and then at 6:30 started cooking dinner.  My menu was a one pot dish with couscous.  I diced a carrot, a tomato, one lamb chop, a clove of garlic, and 1/8 red onion.


I sautéed the hard vegetables in butter in a sauce pan until they were partially cooked and then added green peas, couscous, quince chutney, and the diced lamb. Finally I added the parsley.  I stirred the ingredients together and added another T. of butter because they were starting to stick to the bottom of the pot.


I then added 1 1/4 cup of boiling water and covered the pot. I continued to cook the ingredients for another 3 to 4 minutes at high heat.  Then I reduced the heat to low and cooked for another 4 to 5 minutes.  When I opened the pot there was still a little standing water in the bottom.


I spooned several spoonfuls of the mixture into a pasta bowl and added a tsp. of harrisa.




I opened a bottle of Cotes Du Rhone red wine ($5.99 Trader Joe’s) and toasted the edible part of a a whole wheat naan.


It was a lovely dinner.  I took seconds and by the time I finished seconds the water had been absorbed into the couscous mixture.


I ate a piece of Italian nougat and then went to bed early to read and relax after a bit more news.


Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment