Wednesday, October 5, 2022

October 5, 2022 Lunch - Padilla’s Dinner - a Pork, cheese, and onion tostada sandwich

October 5, 2022 Lunch - Padilla’s   Dinner - a Pork, cheese, and onion tostada sandwich


I woke up at 8:00 and dressed for the 10:30 court trial and ate a bowl of granola, milk, blueberries, yogurt, and banana.





Suzette cleaned the kitchen and packed for her trip to Pennsylvania while I was in trial by zoom.


After the hearing at 12:15 Suzette and I drove to Padilla’s for lunch. It was crowded but we were soon seated.  We decided to split a Chile Relleno plate with double beans and two cheese stuffed rellenos.



                                                          After the meal 





We finished lunch at 1:30 and I then drove us to the airport at the southern end of Girard.


Suzette has a long flight to Harrisburg that will not arrive until 11:00 EST.


After I dropped off Suzette I went home and rested until 3:00 when I discovered that today was the deadline for filing a witness list in one of my cases.


After I filed the witness list, I lay down and watched the Beat until 5:00, when I meditated until 5:30.


At 6:00 a walked around the block in the rain, so I maintained a pretty fast pace.


When I returned I made a cup of chai and ate two pecan short bread cookies with it.  At 7:00 I watched a documentary on the Danube River which has it source high in the mountains of Germany and crossed more countries than ant other River winding its way to the Black Sea.


It is the focus of the Plains of Passage that I am reading now.


At 8:00 I made a tostado sandwich by heated two blue corn tortillas and 4 slices of roasted pork tenderloin.  I sliced enough slices of cumin flavored Gouda cheese and white onion to cover a tortilla. I then heated butter in a skillet and lay one tortilla in it and covered it with cheese and slices of warmed pork and onion. I then lay the other warmed tortilla on top to make a sandwich and toasted both sides of the tortillas until the cheese melted and the onion cooked.


I drank water with the meal. The meal was delicious and filling enough to satisfy my hunger, especially after a large lunch of New Mexican food.


 Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment