Monday, October 3, 2022

October 3, 2022 Lunch - Butter Chicken with Rice. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops, sautéed Red Cabbage and Rainbow Kale, tzatziki, and salad

October 3, 2022 Lunch - Butter Chicken with Rice. Dinner - Grilled Lamb Chops, sautéed Red Cabbage and Rainbow Kale, tzatziki, and salad


I slept until 8:30 although Suzette rose at 7:30 and did 20 minutes of water yoga in the hot tub.


I worked until noon when I heated the PPI Butter Chicken and rice. I made a cup of chai and added Mixed Pickle and Major Grey Mango Chutney as condiments.



I watched Leicester beat Nottingham Forest 4 to 0 to secure Leicester’s first victory of this PL season, which raised them from las5 place to next last place.  They have a way to go to avoid relegation but it looks like they are on their way up the rankings finally.


I then picked a handful of rosemary and added it and some red wine, olive oil, and garlic to the eight lamb chops Suzette thawed yesterday and put the bag of chops in the fridge to marinate.


I then went to the bank and deposited checks.


When  and came home I made Tzatziki sauce by peeling and dicing a cucumber and adding salt to release some of its liquid.  I then added about 3 oz. of finely minced red onion, a dash of olive oil, a clove of garlic pressed, 1 cup of yogurt, and juice of a lime. 


After putting the Tzatziki into the fridge, I rested and read Plains of Passage until 6:00 when Suzette fetched me to go to Willy’s.


We took the tzatziki, the lamb chops and a bottle of Argentinian Trapiche Malbec.


Willy has organized his apartment beautifully to maximize the space.  He poured us glasses of filtered water and Malbec and we sat at the dining table on his patio.


                                      Suzette at the grill with the cathedral behind 






Suzette grilled the lamb chops while Willy served us portions of Sautéed Red Cabbage and Rainbow Kale and a lovely salad made with lettuce, red onion slices, pecans, and blueberries.


When the lamb chops were grilled to medium rare Suzette served us a chop and Willy fetched the tzatziki and we ate a festive and delicious dinner.









We left around 7:45 and were able to watch the second episode of Antique s Roadshow.


Suzette got a chiropractic adjustment today and felt much better, claiming she could turn her head without pain.


I am also feeling better.  If I feel better tomorrow I will walk 1/2 mile.


At 9:30 I started watching a series on PBS on the history of Latino Americans.


I went to bed to blog and read at 11:00.


Tomorrow we will make the Spanish Tapa of roasted Pork tenderloin with Apples and onions.


Bon Appetit



No comments:

Post a Comment