Saturday, November 7, 2020

November 6, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese, Miso Noodle Soup with sliced meatballs. Dinner – Cassoulet with Chard and foie gras toast

 November 6, 2020 Lunch – Vietnamese, Miso Noodle Soup with sliced meatballs. Dinner – Cassoulet with Chard and foie gras toast 

I awakened at 6:30 and watched Morning Joe and Squawk Box. I drank a cup of chai as I watched the election results and market action roll in.

I was comforted that Biden’s lead was increasing and amazed that Square had a good earnings report.  In fact its earnings quadrupled.  I did not know this but it makes a market in bitcoin and bitcoin has doubled in the last few months.  From my simplistic viewpoint, the stock went up $23.00 today.  It made my portfolio reach a new high.  This was the stock I made a pan error on by buying 1000 shares instead of 500 shares.  Whatc a lucky error.  Even though the k kkjkkk’ Dow was down for the day and the NASDAQ had a small gain my portfolio had a 1% increase to a new all tcfcf cime high.  Voila.

At 8:30 I toasted a small whole wheat bagel and spread it with cream cheese and garnished it with slices of red onion, Iberico cheese and the old Gravad Lax, which amazingly did not poison me.

After breakfast I prepared the leg of lamb Suzette had brought home.  I went to the back yard and picked a handful of fresh rosemary and a handful of fennel.  I then sliced the cloves of two heads of garlic in half and inserted a ½ cloves of garlic into slits I made in the leg of lamb and stuffed rosemary into each hole. I pushed rosemary into each slit also and then covered the leg with red wine and laid it in a medium mixing bowl.

I worked until 11:45 and then heated the Vietnamese, Miso Noodle Soup with sliced meatballs.  I added a bit of water, an additional T. of white miso, and a handful of spinach and garnished with sliced green onion and hoisin sauce.  It was delicious .

I watched the Market close and recorded my gain and then lay down and slept until 4:00 and then I drafted a document and sent it to my client for review and ate three oz. of chocolate with almonds and then walked ½ mile.  

I stopped to talk to Barry on the way. When I returned a bit after 5:00 Suzette was at home.  We watched TV news until 6:30 when we went to the garden and harvested a basket of Chard.  I de-stemmed the Chard and cut it into bite sized pieces and Suzette added the leaves and heated the PPI Cassoulet and toasted 4 slices of French baguette that I then buttered and spread with foie gras. 





We drank the other ½ bottle of 2010 Tormaresca Neprica from Puglia east of Rome that was a blend of 40% Negroamaro, 30% Primativo, and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon.  It was smooth and delicious and tasted a lot like a Bordeaux.


The Cassoulet was wonderful and Suzette seemed transported back to France.  We decided to watch Emily in Paris, that Luke had recommended to us.  We poured ourselves sniffers of cognac and settled into our chairs although Suzette nearly came out of her chair several times when we saw sights we had been to.  She kept saying, “We need to go back to France” and “I got divorced and then I went to France .” Of course I agreed with her because I thought going to France would help get us over our respective divorces.


We watched three or four episodes of Emily in Paris and then went to bed.


I awakened at 12:30 and finished this blog.


Bon Appetit


No comments:

Post a Comment