Friday, November 13, 2020

November 12, 2020 Lunch – Posole. Dinner – Eggplant with Garlic and Duck and Stir Fried Tanka Choy with Red bell pepper and rice.

 November 12, 2020 Lunch – Posole. Dinner – Eggplant with Garlic and Duck and Stir Fried Tanka Choy with Red bell pepper and rice.

The food was more than adequate today and dinner was delightfully different, but what most impressed me was that the tropical fruit salad was magical.  Eating a bowl of it with yogurt, granola, and a splash of milk was a rejuvenating experience of the first order. MIT is like finding the fountain of youth.  I let the fruits sit in the fridge until small black spots appeared n the papaya.  Although I cut off the skin areas with spots, perhaps they imbued the papaya with special healing quality. Or perhaps the green mangos turning to almost pure sweetness had a beneficial effect. There are times when I wish I was a food scientist.  All I know is that I feel better than I have in the last two years with less pain in my legs.

I ate a bowl of Posole with a dab of avocado crema for lunch and then napped until 2:00, when I had an appointment.    

    

After the appointment I checked my stocks and the portfolio was down a bit and my stop had sold my Amazon stock. I don’t think the economy will perform and open up like people think and so I have put stops on most of my stocks in case it slows under the weight of the corona virus as I think it will.
 
After the appointment I rode south five miles on the strength of a fun size Snickers.  I had decided to switch to a candy bar instead of sugar pills as long as the Halloween candy lasts.

When I returned home at 4:40 I had just enough time to change clothes, make a hot buttered rum, take a few sips, and say hello to Suzette before the start of meditation at 5:00.

After meditation Suzette and I discussed dinner.  We decided to use the last two eggplants from our garden and the PPI duck breast we had sautéed last to make her favorite Chinese dish, Garlic Eggplant.

   Since I had bought a bunch of Tanka Choy and package of white beech mushrooms last week we decided  to also make a side dish of tanka choy and mushrooms. 

We started by making a cup of rice.

Suzette made the eggplant dish and I made the vegetable stir fry, but we both prepped both dishes together. Suzette chopped and spin the Choy, diced a duck breast, and cleaned a handful of mushrooms, while I chopped garlic, ginger, onion, ½ of a red bell pepper, a shallot, and a yellow squash.  

  Suzette then fried the pepper, squash, onion, and eggplant and drained them.She made a seasoning sauce with hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, soy, sugar, cornstarch, and Chinese cooking wine.  Then she finished the dish by stir frying the ginger, garlic, and duck and adding the seasoning sauce and the vegetables.

In a separate wok I stir fried the ginger, garlic, and minced shallot. Then I made a seasoning sauce of soy, cornstarch, Chinese Cooking wine, water, and sesame oil. I added salt and sugar to the vegetables in the wok and added the chopped tanka Choy and after a couple of minutes of stirring added the seasoning sauce to finish the dish.  

We each served ourselves rice and the each of the dishes. 

 
  
  After dinner we watched the news and I ate a small bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and maraschino cherries.  At 8:00 Midsomer Mystery, but I was tired and dozed so I went to   bed at 9:00.


I awakened at 12:30 to blog and watched a movie until 4:00.


Bon App


No comments:

Post a Comment